License problem with new system

I’ve been running Cubase 12 on my laptop for a week or so now, but i’m suddenly getting a “No valid license found” and Cubase wont start.
After waiting several minutes it works again, but the “No valid license found” appeared more than once out of nowhere in the middle of a session.

4 Likes

Are you a on Windows or Mac?

Troubleshooting questions:

• If you restart the computer does it then work?
  • Can you kill the Steinberg Licensing Manager from the Task Manager when you have this problem? Does Cubase start after that?
1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I installed it on my MBP 15" fine, and then a Windows 10 machine which worked decently well, and then began having OS issues so I shut it down and reinstalled Windows (sort of), but haven’t used it since. My Mac is still having the no license found error. I uninstalled everything, and then started fresh being sure to use Cubase 12 Pro (something I didn’t see the first time I quickly read the email from Steinberg), and it still doesn’t work. I thought I’d ask here before making a support ticket.

Hi @sirena - what’s the exact error message you are seeing? Does it mention the activation limit being reached?

2 Likes

Hi.
License activation error.
Currently, I have a problem that I cannot activate the license on Cubase 12pro.
Can you help me remove all licenses on 3 activated machines so that I can activate the license again.
ID: Thao.tamusic@gmail.com
Thanks admin.

I’m thinking that if the trial version only allows one PC per activation, it might be stuck because it was already activated on my crashed PC.

I can see two activations in your account. Could you try signing out and signing back in again to force a refresh of the licenses?

1 Like

That seems to have worked great, thank you!

1 Like

Please help me refresh the entire license.

Hi.
License activation error.
Currently, I have a problem that I cannot activate the license on Cubase 12pro.
Can you help me remove all licenses on 3 activated machines so that I can activate the license again.
ID:xiaotianpingzuo@gmail.com
Thanks admin.

Welcome to the forums! I’ve released your activations now. You should be able to activate again.

Thanks admin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After installing the latest update. When I opened it worked fine…
When I reopened it started scanning all my VST’s.
I then tried opening as administrator and boom…No License Found error.
I Re-opened w/ Non Admin and Boom…No License again.
I tried to open Activation manager…doesn’t work.
I re-installed that and rebooted…got the Activ. Mgr. to open.
Everything shows up but still get the No License Error

So frustrating.

Cubase now Opens normally again.
Again, initial install scanned contents.
Closed, then 2nd time opened “Normally” (taking o:22 seconds).

So seems to be working again…really weird set of events

I would avoid running Cubase as Administrator where possible. I think it might cause issues with the interprocess communication between Cubase and Steinberg Activation Manager.

2 Likes

Hi there, just bought an upgrade from Cubase 11 to 12 from Sweetwater & I’m at a bit of loss. No valid License found, but I’m not even able to sign into Steinberg Activation. To complicate things further I had just installed the free trial…any way you can take a peek inside my account & see what might be happening?

arnkproductions@gmail.com

Hi @ARNK - welcome back to the forums. What are the symptoms you’re seeing when you say you’re unable to sign into Steinberg Activation Manager? Could you describe the steps you’ve taken?

1 Like

Thanks Ben, I created a thread: Cubase 12 Licensing/Activation Issue

Hello Dear Steinberg,

I’ve upgraded my Cubase 11 Pro to 12 Pro. And I successfully installed & activated on my home studio computer. But when I try to activate it also at my studio, it didn’t allow me to do that. It says “No licence found! Activation limit reached”

I need an urgent assistance in order to use Cubase 12 in my studio.

Thanks,
C

Could you try it now?