License problem with new system

Why not include this in the installer? Could save a lot of annoyances.

The technology powering the USB eLicenser has been becoming increasingly fragile and unmaintainable in recent years and we took the decision to move to an account-based licensing solution to address these issues.

The new licensing system is less involved with performance-critical sections of code than the previous eLicenser protection, so it’s quite unlikely to be linked to the issues you describe.

1 Like

Steinberg Activation Manager is installed and kept up to date by Steinberg Download Assistant which is the recommended way of installing our software. Adding it to every installer of every product would unnecessarily increase the digital weight of every one of our downloads.

Our aim is to consolidate a number of these tools to bring together the functionality of downloading, installing, activating and updating our software. This is a step along that path.

1 Like

Please download and install the latest version of Steinberg Activation Manager from here: Steinberg Activation Manager | Steinberg

Ok. I know. My fault to be not up to date. Now working fine

Thanks

Marcin

W dniu 13 cze 2022, o 09:13, użytkownik Ben at Steinberg via Steinberg Forums <steinberg@discoursemail.com> napisał:

Good morning, @Ben_at_Steinberg , thank you for your presence!

That was not true in my case, the Steinberg Download Assistant presented me with an outdated Steinberg Activation Manager.

Unless i am mistaken, that has been the case with many others as well.

Thanks again!

Steinberg Activation Manager crashed when open. eLicenser not valid License found. No chance of doing anything. messy.I see empty scraps. Very very disappointed …

I’m sorry to hear that. Steinberg Download Assistant should update the runtime components every time it’s launched. One thing I would encourage you to do is ensure that all Steinberg apps are closed (apart from the download assistant) to make sure none of the files are locked in any way. The installer should be checking for this and handle that situation, but it helps if Cubase is already closed at that point.

I’m sorry to hear that. Could you zip up the files from %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Activation Manager (on Windows) or /Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Activation Manager and send them to me via PM so we can investigate further to get you up and running?

Yesterday. Launched Cubase Pro 11 and worked some time. Closed the project and quit the application. Started to do something else (programming my Waldorf XT using monstrumMedia app.) Started Cubase again: No internet connection - No valid License found. Why, why, why! This is annoying. “After activation, you can disconnect from the internet altogether if you need to, and run your software indefinitely without reconnecting.” Well this isn’t true.

Do you mean Cubase 12? Could you provide a screenshot?

Sorry, I meant Cubase 12 of course. This is the Cubase 12 forum after all, :wink: Today no issues. It happens at random but when it happens the only solution to solve is connecting my PC to the internet.

It really shouldn’t need Internet connection to work. The next time you see this error message, please do zip up the files from %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Activation Manager (on Windows) and /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Activation Manager and PM them to me for further investigation.

1 Like

I did send you a PM.

Same issue here:

Hi @andybass - welcome to the forum.

Which version of Steinberg Activation Manager do you have installed? Could you try updating to the latest version from here: Steinberg Activation Manager | Steinberg

Hey Ben, I’m having a similar issue. several actually. Cubase has been crashing, and upon restart of the daw I get “no valid license found” restarting fixes it, but now activation manager also won;t run.

in addition cubase straight up won’t launch on the other computer it is installed on, even with my USB elicenser attached.

I think the server is down or something. Check my other thread :frowning :frowning:

Same issue on both Cubase and Nuendo. Whats going on Steinberg? On Win 10 here. Already have latest Activation manager

Hi, @C-Note ,

Maybe this by @Ultimate_Outsider may be helpful :slight_smile: