License problem with new system

I am using Cubase and Nuendo Pro 12. After installing the May 2022 update license issues started.
I don’t see how your suggestion helps?

Happening today 7-3-2022 also

@C-Note - could you zip up the files from %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Activation Manager and send them to me via PM so we can investigate?

Does eLicenser control center launch OK for you?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for responding to my issue. I have resolved the issue through some troubleshooting. I had both my Steinberg elicenser usb drive and my iLock usb drive on the same USB bus (windows 10). Once I moved the two usb license devices to separate buses, the problem has not returned.

Regards,

Craig

That’s useful to know - thanks for following up and glad to hear the issue is resolved for you.

I am having no licence found - I bought and installed cubase 12 today.
Hope you can help, thanks!

I can’t see the Cubase 12 license in your account? Are you using a different Steinberg ID to the one you’re using here for the forum? If you are, could you send me a PM and I’ll check it out.

Did you redeem you Download Access Code (DAC)?

Ben,

A few days ago I checked the windows device manager and noticed that there are two instances of eLicenser. One is grayed out.
System_ELicenser

And has the following properties.

System_ELicenser_False

I didn’t pay any attention to this until yesterday.
Finally my new audio interface arrived and after installing I checked device manager.

The grayed out eLicenser instance was gone! And Cubase could find a valid license without an internet connection.

Could my old audio interface be the reason for not finding a license or that double eLicenser instance? Or is this just a coincidence. I’ll keep you informed.

ive just tried starting c12 and now ive got the error message…its saying no liscence but its been working fine for months.

im trying to log into my steinberg account but that too isnt working its just got a circle spinning around.

can anyone help im on windows 10

its ok i got it too work

Glad to hear the problem is fixed!

Hello Ben,
It ain’t fixed yet I’m afraid. Today the “No valid license found” message is back!

I have the same problem, win10, AMD CPU, I have 2 full licenses (6 installations, 4 in use) in my account, the machine just mentioned dropped out some days ago feeling unlicensed. What do I do here? Total license reset? How do I initiate that?

I wonder if there is a way to use a USB drive for activation in order to make things safer? I am using this concept with plugin alliance and Hofa and it’s been going well for years. I guess however the drive is being identified by the copy protection is far less likely to be influenced by any smart action from Microsoft delivering the latest update? Just an Idea, I don’t know if this is possible with the current protection system?

Michael

I’ve sent you a PM

I’ve removed your existing activations on the server so you should be able to reactivate your licenses on the computers you are using. Hopefully this should be as simple as opening Steinberg Activation Manager, pressing refresh and then “activate”.

Let me know if that works!

Hello Ben,
I’ve raised the ticket one week ago but no one answered me (ticket ID #494324). All in all, I made a WIN 10 OS reinstallation and I’ve installed the last version of Cubase AI (which is 12.0.30). When I type download access code (which I got with UR24C audio interface) I get this message “Download Access Code is already consumed by another user. Please contact your local support team”. There is no valid license in eLicenser Control Center as well. I tried everything included reinstall, lower version install, PC restart after each step etc. Let me know what I have to do. Thank you!

Regards, Dino

Hi @dino.pavlekovic

Sorry for the delay in answering your ticket. The support team are working very hard to clear a bit of a backlog of cases. I’ve asked some colleagues about your case and will let you know when we’ve worked out the most efficient way of getting you up and running again.

1 Like

Hi @dino.pavlekovic - I’ve sent you a PM

1 Like

PC Windows 10 Pro
Cubase 12 Pro
New Install
Same issue of losing license validation.
My studio computer is offline for a reason,
I don’t want a
DAW that requires my studio computer to be online. That’s a deal breaker for me…many other DAW’s do not require this. Why is Steinberg doing this?
For many studio owners this simply will not work. Clients waiting for Steinberg servers to slow down, not acceptable…Just Sayin’.