License problem with new system

Thanks I was able to follow this with the activation code, and now the eLicenser says ‘Upgraded to Cubase 12…’)

However, the Steinberg Activation Manager still says ‘Verification Pending’… Does this take time to update?

If you press the refresh button in Steinberg Activation Manager, it should update the licenses from the server and show that the “pending verification” has gone.

Hi Ben,

I’ve been getting this same error myself. The lisence looks fine in both e-lisencer control and Activation manager. I’ve tried many of the fixes suggested above but to no avail. Lisence looks fine, also tried repairing Cubase but no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

James

Hi @James_Dhonau - welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues.

Could you zip up the files from %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Activation Manager and send them to me via a PM?

Hello Ben, @steinberg

I purchased Cubase 11 pro an year ago and was about to update it to Cubase pro 12.
I installed it via Steinberg Download Manager, and seemed it successfully installed.
However when I try to open the program for the first time after the update, the whole loading window freeze, doesn’t start working and then when I try to close it shows the notification with this message - " No valid Lisence found, The program will quit now "

Seems like lots of users had that problem too… I read the whole thread, but since I’m not that friendly with programs and stuffs, it still feel like I cannot solve it on my own.
Could you help me to solve this problem? :smiling_face_with_tear:

Best regards,
Jeen Nam

@Jeen_Nam - welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you should follow the Steinberg Licensing grace period process described here:

Dear Steinberg \ Ben,

I purchased Cubase Elements 12 on 16\06\2022 via PayPal, and I could see my product on your page as a product I owe.

Now I wanted to use Cubes again, but during the licence check I was told, that I have no license.

I signed in to my online Steinberg account an under Product \ Steinberg Licensing-based products the page says “No product available”.

I also started Download Assistant and entered the Activation Code which says that “Code is already consumed by another user”.

I have the original invoice to justify the online purchase if required.

Please advise,
Best regards,
Istvan Nicoara.

I ran into the same “no lisence found” issue when launching Cubase 12 like everyone else and was very frustrated. While I was looking this very lengty forum I found a quick solution anyone can try and it resolved my issue at least for me.

Open eLicense Control Center and hit the Perform Maintenance Tasks. When it’s done try to open Cubase again and it should resolve the issue. Idk the relationship between those two but it worked for me!

Thanks for this tip!

I tried it but unfortunately it did not solve my situation.
Unfortunately, when I log in to my online account, I don’t see that I have a valid license and that’s the problem, so I’ll wait for the official answer.

Happy new year!

What do you see when open the Steinberg Activation Manager?

Very strange. I think you definitely need Steinberg support for this one.

Good luck.

Good evening,

I just got Cubase in a package with my Yamaha MODX8+. I downloaded the activation manager and all of the software, but when I go to run it, it says no valid license and then quits the app.

P.S. I am on a Mac

This happens ALL the time.

Since you aren’t able to FIX the bug where cubase won’t close properly, we are forced to end the process manually, and i think that’s related to the license bug. Every few times i do this, i first get the content license error, and the next time i’ll get the No license found, program will quit message.

Extremely annoying to say the least.

Welcome to the forum!

I can see that you have an active license for Cubase AI - is that the version of Cubase you have installed?

Honestly, I’m not sure. I downloaded the version that the access code took me to.

Hi team,

I am having an issue as every time I open cubase it says the licence isn’t valid although I purchased, downloaded and installed Cubase Pro 12 via SAM and SDA. I had been using a trail version before I bought the full version so perhaps that is causing some confusion. I have attached a screenshot of the errors and would appreciate any help you can provide as this is time sensitive:

[Screenshot removed as it contained personal data]

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 5.45.18 pm

I’m using windows 11 PC build 22621. I had to do a clean windows re install. Cubase was running fine. So was Wavelab. My steinberg shows Cubase 12 and Wavelab 11 both activated on my PC.

A few days later and both Cubase 12 and Wavelab won’t run past ‘checking licences’. Activation manager won’ t open up and it says’ not responding’.

I’ve tried re installing activation manager with no luck? Products are still showing under e licencer control all ok. E Licencer all maintenace tasks run ok.
Also download assistant will only open after a restart. It will then open one time unless I restart again.
Support ticket not answered of a week ago. Studio is toast and I’m not able to work!
Anyone can help please do so !

Please make sure that you’re signed-in to the correct account. Your trial license should also appear here.

Thank you Romantique_Tp, that worked!