Cubase 12 - No valid license found

Sorry to hear you’re having troubles. Could you zip up the files from %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Activation Manager and send them to me in a PM?

Hi
I am getting the error: “Download Access Code is already consumed by another user. Please contact your local support team.”

After I uninstalled and reinstalled the application and it is not allowing me to set it up.

Please help.

same problem because the network always has to be connected. This time Steinberg has failed, nice program but it must be reactivated with KEY, I always have many of these blessed problems.

stesso problema perché deve sempre essere collegata la rete. Questa volta la Steinberg ha fallito, bel programma ma deveessere riattivabile con KEY, ho sempre numerosi questi benedetti problemi.

You hopefully know that you can configure for offline activation.

You don’t need the download access code anymore, that is used only for the first time.

What system (Windows, Mac) do you have and what Cubase Release?

Using Windows 11 and Cubase AI 11

Ok, so you probably had a Soft eLicenser. Try to follow the steps here

Dear Steinberg / Ben @steinberg,

The “no license found” problem persists, so could I please get a response to my request, as I have been waiting for almost a month now.

With thanks,
Istvan Nicoara.

It is giving me the message now that there is no valid license.
When I tried to reactivate it gives me the error that “Currently, there is no valid Steinberg product license found on this eLicenser.”

What do I do in this situation?

So this means you never registered your licenses in your mySteinberg account. You need to open a support ticket with Steinberg, only their folks can help you here.

How do I open a support ticket? Please help.

From your MySteinberg account …