Cubase 12 not sending MMC?

I have selected Cubase to Send MMC but when I move the curser I can see it isn’t sending anything to my Midi IO , sending MTC is working fine ? does any know if there’s a Pref or setting I need to enable ? so curser position generates MMC ?

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 13.21.19

Have you tried setting the Device ID to Any?
Did you observe using the MMC Master Panel?

Ok thanks that works , but it like a transport remote.

How do you get Cubase to send MMC when you are moving the Curser or using FF and RR
and when you type in a TC in Cubase ?

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 14.31.31

The buttons and the time code display in the MMC panel don’t achieve that job (double click TC field and enter new value)? Does your device use TC or SMPTE? If TC which one? MTC, LTC, VITC?
I don’t have any device anymore that I could hook up with MMC and MTC, so I can’t really check it myself.

Ok Thanks , I am slaving Protools to Cubase via (Midi - MTC) its working great , I have my video in Protools and export Stems from Cubase into Protools as I build the score .all good

but when it comes to spotting hits (bang on a frame) I have to sit at the Protools rig find the hit point and then type then TC ref into Cubase, so I can drop hits / music what ever at the point . no big deal

I thought Cubase sending MMC would move the Playhead on Protools (and the video) so I could spot things with ease . Logic Pro will do this (Send MMC at its curser) , but I just can’t get Cubase to Send MMC at its Curser point or when I scrub or use FF /RR

I didn’t think I could be the only person trying to slave ProTools for video to Cubase. Just hope someone’s got a solution. Seems crazy Cubase can’t send MMC

2017 !

I am a new Cubase user, so forgive me if this is not new news- but thought I’d post because I don’t see any recent activity…

—CORRECTION—
MMC to ProTools seems to sort of work as of Cubase 13.0.20. FF, RW, and nudge transport functions all work, as does Nudge +/-1 frame! - Spotting issue solved :slight_smile:

“Nudge +/-1 bar” is the only one that seems to not work properly when external sync is active. “Nudge -1 bar” seems to work, but “Nudge +1 bar” only works one time. Super annoying, but maybe not a complete workflow destroyer…

What IS a workflow destroyer is the fact that locate commands (⇧P, ⇧L, ⇧R) do not work. A possible work-around might be to have a macro that turns off external sync before executing the locate command?

Thanks for update , so I take it you’re setting it up that c13 send MMC to ProTools and c13 is then slaved (set to ext sync) ?

I haven’t re-tried this since the update , so I will

What would also be nice is if Cubase would would just send MMC for transport functions (like Logic) But still be sync master as most of the time, I do not need to be spotting sounds to cuts or frames . Cubase is much more responsive if it is the sync master, leaving protocol to catch up in the background!