Cubase 12 on a new Windows profile

Hi all - I had a windows issues recently that caused me to need a new Windows profile setup.

This new profile is working ok, I can see my devices, drivers and can play audio through them.

However, whenever I try to open a project file within Cubase it crashes out (Even a new empty project)

I have copied the files & folders
UserProfile\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg
into the new Profile directory (from the old) thinking this would fix things but it hasnt
Is there another step I need to do?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Could you attach the Profile and the crash/dmp file, please?

Cubase Artist 12.0.30.286 64bit 2022.9.20 18.30.46.863.dmp (675.4 KB)

Thanks Martin - when you say “profile” is that a specific file?

Update - If I disable program preferences then create a new project Cubase works as expected. However unable to open any existing files.
Is copying the files from “\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg” supported or is their a better method to import settings?

Hi,

Update to the latest Cubase 12.0.40, please.

Hi,

This is good step forward.

Why not? Is it because they are not listed in the Recent files? You can open it via Open dialog. Or is there any other issue?

Yes, it is supported, but you can get back to the issues, you had before.

There are Profiles in Cubase, which you can use. But if you export a corrupted preferences profile and you import it back, you would get the corrupted state again.

Hi Martin - I can see recent projects and off course navigate to them manually. However, whenever I attempt to open any existing projects Cubase crashes midway during loading the project.

This only happens under the new Windows profile.

Hi,

Could you attach the dmp file(s), please?

Cubase Artist 12.0.40.317 64bit 2022.9.24 9.31.07.014.dmp (821.9 KB)
I have updated to 12.0.40 and re-installed the drivers for my soundcard/mixer but continue to see the same issue with existing projects.

Hi,

The crash is in Kontakt. Please make sure the plug-in is up to date or get in contact with NI. Thank you.

Thank you Martin - I can now launch existing projects under the new profile :grinning:
I had to launch the Native Access application under the new profile, enter my creds to re-register the NI applications.
Also had to do the same for other 3rd party plugins