Cubase 12 on macOS Catalina

I know it’s not officially supported, but it does run for me.
The only thing I found is that it crashes significantly more than 11 (which almost never crashes).
And I don’t get any info of what crashed when relaunching.
Anybody else using it in Catalina?

Not yet. Checking into it. My Cubase 11 crashes much more often than previous versions (including the early Nuendo days)–especially in Score and Page mode. I get eLC thrown errors all the time, too–Halion usually indicated.

I’m on a 2020 intel Mac mini running Catalina and Cubase 12.0. My experience so far is Cubase has been running solid with out a single crash since using it for a couple of weeks now. I have been hesitating the update to Monterey because my UR824 is not yet supported of it. But I have only worked with a couple of smaller projects with C12 so far so it is a little early to say how well it works. I do have to say that I am enjoying the update from C11. Also I am looking forward to the Dolby Atmos functionality.

1 Like

It could be though that all this time we’ve not realised that the crashes were a feature, and that you have to be running the latest operating systems to benefit from them😜

1 Like

100% accurate. LOL