Cubase 12 out now!

Thank you. Now I get it. It seems that the servers are still very busy, I haven’t been able to do the upgrade in the dongle.

2 Likes

Great! now Cubase 11 disappeared from my dongle. I can’t upgrade any license.

License control didn’t finished successfully.
So I tried Activation Manager and there I found a license of C12 for activation.
So fas so good…all is working …and even the warping over several tracks did work…really good :star_struck:

My question is now:

What about Halion6 and GroveAgent5 ?
Will they be available soon in the license cloud too?

Projects using this VSTs still need the dongle…

Remove the Cubase 12 announcement until it’s ready.
Nothing is working.
Everything hangs forever or gives error codes. What a mess
(talking about updating, elicenser maintenance, grace period checker etc etc)

7 Likes

I suspect what you are seeing is the eLicenser servers struggling with all the users upgrading from a previous version of Cubase to Cubase 12, as this involves a one-time eLicenser server transaction. This is one reason why eLicenser is going away. The problems are not with Cubase 12 or the new Steinberg Licensing.

If you wait, things should calm down.

2 Likes

No worries. Please have a look here: Problems with updating to Cubase 12? Please read this first before posting! - #2

The other Steinberg products will move to the new system step-by-step.

My understanding, based on the long threads when Steinberg Licensing was announced, is that the strategy for now is to move products to Steinberg Licensing at a major paid upgrade. I believe there was mention of HALion 7 as a forthcoming product, so it is near certain there will also be a new version of Absolute to include HALion 7. If there is a new version of Absolute, then either Groove Agent 5 will need to move to Steinberg Licensing without a paid upgrade, or Groove Agent 6 will be released.

It is possible Steinberg will move products over to Steinberg Licensing at a minor update, especially for products that have only recently undergone a paid update (WaveLab 11 comes to mind). They have yet to announce their plans.

As a Dorico user, I was split between Steinberg Licensing and eLicenser before today. I cannot wait to ditch eLicenser completely, but know that is going to take time. I look forward to what Steinberg will announce later this year.

Thank you Matthias. I am very inpatient :upside_down_face:

1 Like

All I’ve ever asked for here at the forums are real vu meters. Hey, looks like I’m at 100% response with my requests.

I could use vumt etc, but factory-installed meters are better :slight_smile:

Now… what I want is to click next to any channel plasma meter and replace it with a small …yep…vu…little simultaneous vu meters on each of 1000 tracks if I want. “Not very accurate”, you say? Who ever said that rock & roll is supposed to be accurate? :slight_smile:

Better yet, click to have the little vu’s appear towards the top of the channel strip like a real analog console.

I await fullfilment of my request on Cubase 17.

Just bought the 12 upgrade. I’ll download in the next few days.

Thank you Steinberg! You’re a fantastic company!

1 Like
  1. Actually shocked they didn’t update Beat Designer. Ugh!

2. I’ll likely wait for the WaveLab Pro 12 update to move it over to the new system, but I’m definitely not updating Absolute 5 or anything within it.

In hindsight, I probably should have gone with UVI [Falcon 2] instead of Absolute 4, and I only got the update to 5 for Backbone, which cost about as much. However, I think I can live without almost all of that I don’t see a point in increasing costs further just to maintain those licenses.

It being dongled also makes project using any of that content/those virtual instruments non-portable, as I am not going to be dongle hopping moving forwards… ever… so I’ve already started uninstalling that stuff as it’s already unusable to me - from a practical standpoint.

I’d much rather get the >100GB storage back on my SSD.

3. I like some of the UI changes in 12, though. It also seems to boot up faster.

Trying to update but cant login to my shop account for some reason. is it temporary server side problem?

Are you sure that you try the right logins? The shop server is up and running.

Yea, this one definitely stings. The planning was horrible with that release. They should have just held it back, as they did with Dorico 4.

I would shop around and see if any competitors offer competitive crossgrades, though.

sorry, my bad … wrong password. All okay :slight_smile:

1 Like

can’t see Russia in the list anymore. Is it blocked ? I’m Cubase user since SX3, been constantly updating it and now i can’t use it ?

4 Likes

Haven’t tried the update yet (downloading at the moment) but I am very happy to see Sample Accurate Volume Automaton and the ability to export stems with sidechain signals applied. Those two alone are worth the upgrade price for me!

There is a contradiction on the device count in Steinberg’s Licensing FAQ.

Under “How many computers can I use with a new license?” it says you can activate the product on three computers.

Under “Can I upgrade the hardware in my computer without losing my activation?” it says there is a “limit of two computers for a single-user license.”

This was one of the smoothest updates for me. Excellent. Love the new features

2 Likes

I had the e-Licenser hiccup for an hour or so (if anyone was still feeling doubts about the new licensing system this ought to clear them out lol), before having my license automatically updated. Smooth installation, smooth performance. It’s too early to tell, but it seems my prayers for a more stable release have been answered. Some of the new features are totally bonkers, and I cannot wait for the Atmos update to come around. Loving the small visual details as well. The only thing keeping me from storing my dongle indefinitely is WaveLab Pro, which I hope will get to the new Steinberg licensing system as soon as possible.

Great job to the whole team. <3

3 Likes