Cubase 12 - Pinch to zoom with Apple trackpad not working?

Steinberg - please consider this. It makes the app feel so broken.

1 Like

+1 , please consider this.

1 Like

Please support this! It is one of the main reasons I upgraded to version 12.

1 Like

This is literally the sole reason I do not use Cubase. Lack of such a basic UI feature makes Cubase feel broken compared with not only Logic, but also Ableton, Studio One, and I suspect other DAWs. I use pinch to zoom every few seconds in DAWs; not having it isn’t an option.

2 Likes

Same. I love Cubase but it makes it unusable.

1 Like

i added it to [WIKI] [Cubase 12.0.50] Issues -- user editable

1 Like

Any updates here by chance?

1 Like

Maybe it helps if we vote for this topic ? I already did this.

1 Like

Feature is not implemented in 12.0.40

It’s a shame that we can’t use pinch fonctions of the trackpad, it’s so much handier. It should be at least an option. Please Steinberg, upgrade this…! #issue #cubase

4 Likes

Without me even having a trackpad, I have no words for how embarrassing I find the fact that Steinberg simply ignores a basic UI feature that has been around for 15 years. How can any major software suite just not support this in 2022?!

4 Likes

Steinberg - is this on your radar?

This. Also ability to expand and contract vertically with key modifier and apple Magic Mouse, not just horizontally. That is even more baffling omission.

2 Likes

Is there a way to get in touch with Steinberg about this? Feature requests don’t seem to get any attention.

2 Likes

If it is a “bug”, a function which should work official but doesn’t, you can use the request support form in your steinberg account and report it there. Issue topics/reports definitely get more attention than new feature requests!

I guess Steinberg isn’t really known for adding basic functionality and workflow enhancements / updates that should have been there years ago.

Theres many things I can’t believe still aren’t in Cubendo.

it looks like it’s removed from the wiki. Don’t know why.
Maybe we must push this thread more so Steinberg will think about implementing this ?

2 Likes

Ping - this is really really important from a usability POV!

4 Likes

If this can encompass some modifier key for vertical scrolling for those of us that don’t want to use touchpads or if you use a magic mouse using the command+vertical/command+horizontal for vertical/horizontal zooming PLEASEEE
Why we have horizontal but not vertical scrolling is a mystery…

1 Like

Steinberg - is this on your radar?

1 Like