Cubase 12 Pro performance Issue

Same problem over here!And that’s not all!Cant open quantize box in main window,freezes cB12 every time,crash BIG TIME! No free warp function Not working! :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

12 is the same poor in resources management than 11. No difference. The same old sh. plus no Vst2. A shame. Currently is the worst DAW. Taking in count with Reaper you can load even 32 bit Vst2.

So you are happy with Reaper and 32bit plugins.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS… i upgraded because multi processer performance was supposed to be better , only to find i needed to dele vst plugins to run what used to run easily in cp11 but they have remove some steinberg plugins without telling anyone…

I have the same problems. I could go through all my plugins one by one but I on’t have time atm. Eventually Steinberg will find out why this affecting a sizeable number of users but it’s been an average update for me. I’m back to C11 but I will try again when time permits.

Latest update certainly an improvement. Also, Waves CLA Mixhub a big part of my problem. So I’m able to open projects now.

I’m using a Macbook Pro laptop with 8GB RAM. Voly 276 interface using USB-C.

Cubase 12 Pro crashes a couple times per hour. I only have 7 tracks, 4 audio, 3 VST instruments. Audio drop-outs are near constant. It seems to be practically unusable.

1 Like

Same her on a 2019 Mackbook Pro 16” intel, Cubase 12 uses substantially more resources than Cubase 11. Identical projects in C11 are functionally unusable in C12 at the moment.
This is unfortunate as program updates are generally for “adding” functionality and workflow, not reducing it.
Adding continual features at the cost of stability and performance is not a self sustaining business practice.

Please continue here: Cubase 12.0.20 performance issues