Cubase 12 Pro still crashing on exit

Yeah I agree C12 seems even more sensitive on crashing.
I even got kicked out my projects twice this week. Just dissapeared while working…
After heavy load that is.
“Heavy” for Cubase, because my real CPU load was still under 50%.

Coll the new features and all but kinda missing the old days where the vst performance was mirroring the real cpu power.

And to update the workaround, it is still not working.The macro I posted gave me a crash on exit. It’s safe 9 out of 10 times but still.
Also I got a weird level change on some fx returns which should not be happening because I am saving before quiting, so it’s weird…or maybe the macro is too fast and messes up with the save shortcut, cause i got a key for save and next key for macro.

Anyway I removed this one and thinking about programming a macro for openning and activating a standard error free project and then quiting. I 'll report back when I try it.

Okey, I ve tried a slightly different command on my previous macro and it seems to be working.

Instead of "DELETE MUTED TRACKS ", I’ve used “DISABLE ALL MUTED TRACKS”.

I am giving the whole procedure again:

FIRST SAVE YOUR PROJECT!!!
Then go on EDIT tab, select KEY COMMANDS
select SHOW MACROS, select NEW, name it and select it
Add the following commands to your created macro:
CHANNEL & TRACK VISIBILITY - AGENTS: SHOW ALL CHANNELS/TRACKS
EDIT - SELECT ALL ON TRACKS
PROCESS PROJECT LOGICAL EDITOR - MUTE TRACKS OF SELECTED EVENTS OR PARTS
PROCESS PROJECT LOGICAL EDITOR - DISABLE ALL MUTED TRACKS
FILE - QUIT
C12 will then prompt you to save your project select NO and that’s it.

*Update
Modified Macro just crashed. Runned out of options guys…
Hopefully steinberg will deal with this.

Had this problem too just upgraded and I would love that one to be fixed

At least a few times I have seen that the EuCon is shown in the dialog that cause the spinning ball. On this cases I dont think I have seen it break any settings but it suggest that I use backup copy even if I started the exit with a save.

You can vote for steinbergs consideration on this issue here

Votes in the forum are not for this. Please don’t assume.

It would be better to tag your posts, so support can find it easily. Learn how to tag your post, see the Forum Guide (New here? Read this.)

Sorry but I read the post from Mr. Matthias_Quellmann on this thread and I quote:

Of course, this is not a direct vote on the Cubase development backlog. There are a lot of factors that influence the decision what improvements the next Cubase version will introduce. But ideas or suggestions that are discussed and supported widely by the community, will definitely be considered by the team.

Highlighted by me.

What am I getting wrong? :thinking:

Well, he is talking about post s with the feature-request tag

The actual voting mechanism in the forum is close to useless - so it doesn’t really get used to track the popularity of anything. Each person gets 4 votes total and when you’ve used your 4 you can’t vote on anything else unless you remove a vote from something else and reuse that vote.

I can’t even imagine what a limited voting scheme like that might be useful for.

3 Likes

Not sure if he meant that but anyway.

Tagged!

Voting for bugs that is crash types is silly. It should be fixed ASAP. Voting for new features is a good idea. And having a limitation make the need for thinking about priority. Otherwise there will be people that vote for everything.

I kind agree but…
A version or two crashing because of 3rd party vsts let’s say it’s acceptable up to some point.
All versions since v.7 crashing on exit is something different.

I don’t even use the same vst’s as I did on v.7. Not a single one.
Not even the same windows version and bits, and upgraded all to vst3 also since v.11
But the problem remains no matter what.
I 've said it before but fwiw my Protools and Sequoia are not crashing with the same plugins…

I don’t want to spend time/energy finding what the problematic vst’s are and troubleshoot by removing each one,etc, and then find replacement vst’s for those. and lose the money spent and spend again for new ones which might have the same issue etc, etc.
I want an error free vst host to use the vsts that I like working with.
Vst protocol was released by steinberg and should have been the leader in hosting vst’s error free.

As mentioned in another thread Bitwig Studio i.e. found a way to do it with its plugin sandboxing solution.
If a plugin crashes, only that plugin crashes and shows a Reload button in place of the plugin window.

Sorry for long post and waving the flag but it’s kind of frustrating dealing again and again in everyday basis with the same old issues after all these years.
I am with Cubase since VST 3.5 version and I always looked the other way for major issues it may had because truth is that is a powerful tool that makes modern producing a lot easier and always the pros are massively a lot more than the cons.
But for me issues like this one, or the drops of the audio engine when adding channels/vsts etc in 2022 are unacceptable.

1 Like

Hi,

Could you please attach a DMP file(s) to be able to resolve it/them and see, where does it crash?

1 Like

Of course.
Attaching a zip containing 85 crash dumps. These are just the last month.
Thank you sir
DMPs.zip (2.2 MB)

Hi,

Is it still crashing with Cubase 12.0.10, please?

So far I have resolved 20 DMP files. Most of them are pointing to the place, which has been fixed for Cubase 12.0.10.

1 Like

I have a project that kills Cubase every time I close it., but it doesn’t generate a crash dump. It has the same behavior on both Cubase 11 and 12

Hi,

Have you tried Cubase 12.0.10, please?

Hi

Here are some crash dumps, recently updated to Cubase 12.0.10.

Same behaviour as described by others: certain projects consistently makes Cubase crash on exit.
Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.19 22.40.32.198.dmp (1.6 MB)
Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.19 22.25.53.242.dmp (1.7 MB)

Hope it helps.

/Torbjörn

yes - Cubase 11.4, v11.41, v12.0, and v12.10 - when I work on the project no problems - when I shut it down it crashes Cubase every time without a crash dump - and when I restart Cubase I get the options to choose safe startup