Cubase 12 Pro still crashing on exit

Of course.
Attaching a zip containing 85 crash dumps. These are just the last month.
Thank you sir
DMPs.zip (2.2 MB)

Hi,

Is it still crashing with Cubase 12.0.10, please?

So far I have resolved 20 DMP files. Most of them are pointing to the place, which has been fixed for Cubase 12.0.10.

1 Like

I have a project that kills Cubase every time I close it., but it doesn’t generate a crash dump. It has the same behavior on both Cubase 11 and 12

Hi,

Have you tried Cubase 12.0.10, please?

Hi

Here are some crash dumps, recently updated to Cubase 12.0.10.

Same behaviour as described by others: certain projects consistently makes Cubase crash on exit.
Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.19 22.40.32.198.dmp (1.6 MB)
Cubase 12.0.10.247 64bit 2022.4.19 22.25.53.242.dmp (1.7 MB)

Hope it helps.

/Torbjörn

yes - Cubase 11.4, v11.41, v12.0, and v12.10 - when I work on the project no problems - when I shut it down it crashes Cubase every time without a crash dump - and when I restart Cubase I get the options to choose safe startup

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 11:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo11

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

So far so good, no crashes whatsoever! Thanks!!

Hi,

Both crashes are in the Surge_XT. Probably a plug-in. Please make sure the plug-in is up to date and get in contact with the plug-in vendor.

Oh, great info! Thanks!

I also get the same type of crashes in projects that don’t use Surge. What is the best way to find out which VST that’s the culprit there?

Hi,

There are some tools to read the basics of the DMP files. It has been discussed on the forum few times already. Please, search for the relevant threads.

You need to install the “Debugging tools for Windows” from Microsoft and then you can use “WinDbg” to open the crash dump and analyze it like I described here:

Beware: it is a bit nerdy :wink:

Perfect. I’ll try that!!

Thank you so much - I have very long projects and this works great. I first save then close my project and then use the command in question to quit Cubase 12 Pro.

Lys K

1 Like

Still have the issue on the .20 update fairly often here and when restarting I don’t always get an option to report the previous crash. I may misunderstand something about the crash report mechanism though.

Also had a 3-4 times (so less frequent) the dialog box alert saying that something unexpected happened i should do a backup and that the instance may be instable.

I hope they fix hangs/crashes on exit soon that soon, don’t want to go back to 11 , love using C12 so much.

1 Like

Hi,

Attach the *.dmp files, please.

Same here.

There are no dmp files generated and missing the option to report the issue as well.

1 Like

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows?

You can attach the files here.

Hey Martin,
Cubase is still crashing on exit here as well.
Windows, Cubase 12.0.20

No dmp files are created.
I just notice it, because Cubase starts up with the info it crashed before.

PS:
Your suggestion with Prodump64 is does not work, as plugins from Softube, Slate Digital, Kush, JST, Neural DSP, Soothe, Kilohearts, etc. all don’t work with debuggers in the background. A lot of error messages immediately appear, and it loads your projects without all those plugins.

Hi,

Do you have all plug-ins up to date, please? Isn’t one of the plug-in the bad boy then?