Cubase 12 Pro will not go past checking Licences

Since the first day I purchased Cubase 12 upgrade from Cubase 11 which was the day it got released I have not been able to use it. At first it was crashing on loading. I was told to remove Groove Agent file which I did. Now when I try to load it, all that happens now is it hangs on the Checking Licences. I left this for 2 hours and nothing changed, so in my wisdom I thought it could possibly be Absolute 4 and the ELicence Dongle. I upgraded to Absolute 5, changed my ELicence Dongle, changed USB Hub and low and behold just the same, hanging on Checking Licences. Very Strange how my Cubase 11 is still working just fine.
I am running iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) , 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB on Monterey V12.3.
Does anyone have suggestions as to what I can do next other than change to another DAW. The Apple one is looking very tempting.

Have you tried the basic troubleshooting step of trashing preferences?

Go to users/{username}/Library/Preferences… and find the Cubase 12 folder. Rename it something like “HIDE Cubase 12”… Do this for your Cubase 11 folder as well, “HIDE Cubase 11” …and also for any other folders in there that have Cubase in the name. (Cubase 9.5, Cubase 8). All of them…

(Note: There may be an easier way now to troubleshoot Cubase… using, like, Cubase’s Safe mode, or its various other startup modes. I’m looking into that.)

Next, go to your VST plugins folders ( ~/Library/Audio/Plug-ins ) and rename them “HIDE VST3” and “HIDE VST”.

Now startup Cubase. What do you get?

I’m not sure this will address the licensing issue you’ve got, but the above is where you should start when you troubleshoot Cubase. (Don’t buy any more Absolute upgrades!) :slight_smile:

Cubase 12 doesn’t use the USB-eLicenser system any more. Did you upgrade your licence already to Steinberg Licensing? If not, this is your problem.

Only the Cubase licence has move off the dongle, all other license for sound packs and Halion etc are all still on the dongle. They will get migrated later in the year. So for me I still have to use the dongle and that cause my C12 to hang on “checking for licenses”

I reinstalled elicense and put my dongle in a different USB and the issue went away.

Just tried what you suggested and still states checking licences. I’ve now got to the point of giving up until a fix can be found. Very frustrating.
I just might do something so drastic and thats to format the whole imac and start all over again. See if that sorts it out