Cubase 12 soft e-license

After upgrading to CB 12 from CB11 none of my add-on licenses are available. When I add any of these in a project- no valid license appears - Rock Essentials, The Grand 3, Marco Minnemann Studio Drums. When I plug the e-licenser dongle in and start CB12 all is available only with the dongle plugged in. Did I miss something during the upgrade process?

Yes. Cubase 12 is using the new license method. Everything else still requires the dongle.

Hello. You need to update these products through the download assistant as well. I also ran into this at first))).

That is disappointing to say the least. I need to boot up CB12 with the dongle in to gain access to the add-ons, Then when I boot up CB12 later without the dongle I get a whole host of other items that don’t load. I’ve found if I deactivate CB12 in Steinberg Activation Manager then reactivate it that resolves that issue and I’m back to square 1. I do hope Steinberg can resolve this.

Hi, thanks for that. Are you suggesting a complete download of the add-on, and did you have your dongle plugged in?

You should definitely be getting all latest versions. But some are not moved to the new license system yet. For example TG3.

There’s lots of detailed info on this around. Try a quick search.

Thanks for your help, I’m not convinced Steinberg are fully prepared for this upgrade. I’ll keep checking progress.

1 Like

I’m not here to convince you of anything. It’s up to you what you choose to do.

Very happy user here.

No worries I’m not expecting you to, and and I will certainly make my own choice of action. I started with CB4/6/7/8/9/10/11 and I’m also a happy user. I’m not averse to constructive criticism at the same time though. Anyway I’ll keep at it and do appreciate your input.

1 Like

The dev team has addressed this question quite frequently since the first announcement.
Here is the FAQ: New Steinberg Licensing FAQ | Steinberg

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.