Realtek or WASAPI in Cubase 12

Hi.

Cubase wont on my computer windows 11. I tried downloading AISO4All and using that but it did not fix the issue. I am using my laptop without an audio interface.

There is no option to change the driver to Realtek or WASAPI in Cubase, and I tried disabling and reenabling exclusive audio control on my control panel, but this did not work.

Can anyone help with this?

My computer is a Lenovo legion 7 Ryzen 7 5800, rtx 3070 model.

Did you already try the Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver that comes with Cubase? In the settings of this driver (Studio > Studio Setup > Audio System) it should be possible to select the audio output device of your laptop. So, probably there’s no need to install ASIO4ALL.

1 Like

There’s no WASAPI in Cubase, it’s only ASIO.
In the sound settings of Windows, disable Exclusive Mode for all channels, and set them to the same sample rate you will use in Cubase or other programs.

Also ASIO4ALL has a control panel once it is loaded by Cubase. You have to enable your inputs / outputs in here or they won’t appear under Audio Connections in Cubase.

NB : Do not use the Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver, or you will never be able to hear both Cubase and Windows sound (or other programs) at the same time.

2 Likes

Yes. Didnt work

Hi Jepstein,

Same problem . Did you find a solution?

I am having the same problem, did you find a solution?

I’ve got the same problem with Cubase Elements 12. :frowning:
Disabling Exclusive Mode in Windows 11 audio settings didn’t solve the problem. What should I do?

It isn’t just disabling exclusive mode, you also have to disable the “release driver” option in Cubase and make sure you device/driver is multi-client compatible.

Please click my name or picture to open my profile, and you’ll find a link to the complete guide.

1 Like

Thank you for your guide!
I have followed it, and it guided me further, but unluckly I still wasn’t able to hear audio neither with speakers nor with bluetooth headphones.
I don’t know what to do more. I’ll try to ask help to a friend who is both tech-savy and a musician. Meanwhile I’ll switch to Music Maker, which is a shame because Cubase is far more powerful and full of features.

I first used the Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver it sounded terrible unless I made a very high latency - then I installed the ASIO4all - works great latency is down to 13.6 msec (I havn’t tried to push it any further)