Cubase 12 starts up in safe mode and insert plugin not working on all chanels

Cubase Elements 12.0.0.205 64bit 2022.3.19 11.01.41.151-freezedump.dmp (681.0 KB)

Cubase 12 starts up in safe mode and my uad plugins only works on some chanel

sorry here is the right crashDump file
Cubase 12.0.0.205 64bit 2022.3.21 0.42.37.365-freezedump.dmp (549.7 KB)

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Could you try to trash Cubase 12 Preferences folder (in the best case even older Cubase versions, if you have any). Don’t forget to backup the folder first, please.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Hi Martin

then i delete the preferences folder Cubase 12 and my older cubase versions and now it starts with no freeze dump but then i cloose and load the cubase again it’s the same.

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

Do you use any external drive for your libraries (MediaBay)? Network or VPN drive by any chance?

Thank you

Hi there!

I have the same problem here. I tried to uninstall all VSTs and steinberg software, just re-install cubase 12 app without any VST’s.

Firt start ok, second start, safe mode. I check the freezedump folder and saw that it create a freezedump file when it load the studio Manager at cubase startup (says initialising: Studio Manager). It’s not every time (but almost) and every time it create the file , next startup : Safe mode.

If I start multiple times, sometimes it doesn’t create a freezedump file and next startup is ok but it’s still annoying :frowning:
I’m on windows 11

Hi Martin, I did it every time there was a release change or upgrade - but honestly - it never really worked. But Steinberg writes himself: that could help

Hi,

Sorry, I haven’t seen your report or crash/dmp file.

There is a known issue with the network or VPN drives.

Hi! it seems that the 12.0.20 update solve my freezedump issues at startup and I feel it runs a bit more flawlessly in a project.

1 Like

ok so for the update, I still have the freeze problem on startup but not as often as before, so it’s not a big deal. But since this update, sometimes cubase will not close , I need to close the task in the task manager. Not a big deal too, but I noticed that. I have some small freezing/slow issues within some projects, but I have this problems since cubase 11 so I think it’s an another problem

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 11:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo11

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

still after upgrading to 12.20 Cubase starts with errors and my plugins do not work on all tracks they open but no sound comes through. i do not know what to do so even though i have paid for the upgrade i have gone back and only use Cubase 11. just there had been some support where a developer could log in via remote typing board and get the issue resolved.

Hi,

What kind of errors?

If the “errors” is something different than the Safe Mode dialog, I would make a new thread. If it is the Safe Mode dialog, attach some *.dmp files, please.

Procdump64 does not work with most plugins (they refuse to run with a debugger in the background), so this suggestions unfortunately is of no help.

Since most of the crashes have to do with plugins, you might be interested in this FR as well. Would be nice if you could leave a vote if thats the case: @topmas @Matt_Payne @Lasterbangs
Solution to crashes by plugins - Sandboxing (Crash protection) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

thank’s for the help! For me , the problem is not cubase crashing, I worked a few hours recently and It seem’s to work with all the plugin’s. the only 3 “small” problems I have is:

1: Sometimes, when cubase Is loading, I have the safe mode window with the “freeze” error with a freezedump created in the crashdump (the dmp is created when cubase is loading the studio manager and the safe mode window appear at the next loading)

2:sometimes, cubase won’t close (just the upper bar, the projects close normally) I need to close the task manually.

3: I have some random lag/micro freezes in the GUI in general, when I open some fonctions or when I edit some tracks, but I had the same problem on cubase 11

For the update, I tried to change the audio power scheme and add some exclusions for the anti-virus. For now it seem’s to solve my 3 problems but it’s too soon to be sure it was that

A post was split to a new topic: C12.0.30 slow as molasses