Cubase 12 Update and Groove Agent 5 license

The release note says “supports Steinberg Licensing”, which is true. All that means at the moment, however, is that Groove Agent 5.1.10 (and any subsequent 5.x versions) are ready for Steinberg to migrate licences to Steinberg Licensing. They are yet to announce their plans for this migration.

it does nt mean when it says ? fair enough

The Migration Voucher is now live on my account and the migration process went smoothly :smile:

1 Like

That is good news. I won’t be able to migrate, as my licence is for Absolute. I expect I will have to wait until Absolute 6 releases, likely as part of the HALion 7 release.

I hope that migration of paid add-on kits starts soon - I have quite a few add-on kits which would work with Groove Agent 5 SE under Steinberg Licensing.

1 Like

And what about the kits and loops still on the USB e-licenser ???
I was expecting the voucher would have allowed migrating everything related to GA5 ?

good question … seems i need the dongle to access the expansions i bought :frowning:

The content still needs the USB right?

If the licenses for your Groove Agent 5 expansions are stored in an USB-eLicenser dongle, the dongle is currently still required.

If the expansion licenses are stored in a Soft-eLicenser, and you have migrated your Groove Agent 5 license to Steinberg Licensing (managed by the Steinberg Activation Assistant), you no longer need the dongle.