Cubase 13.0.30 macOS 14.4.1 crashing with Nektar Impact 61+

Hi there,
on my MacMini M1 (16GB/256GB, several external SSDs) Cubase crashes regularly. It happens mostly when dragging an VST-Instrument from the right zone to the tracklist or when deleting an instrument-track from the tracklist. When restarting Cubase the next time, it shows this alert:

It also creates a crash report
Cubase 13-2024-04-24-172445.ips (185.4 KB)

I deleted the ImpactLX61+SteinbergDawContrl64.bundle, restarted the Mac and reinstalled the ImpactLX61+ software, but it doesn’t take long until the next crash.

It’s a bit confusing, that the crash occurs, when I´m not moving any fader oder key on my Impact-keyboard. The keyboard runs without issues with other DAWs on the same Mac (latest Logic/Studio One). Has anybody some more hints for troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance

If I were you, I’d also inquire with Nektar support, as it’s their binary that is crashing with Cubase.

I got in contact with Nektar support and already have the first response, but it didn’t work out by now. As soon as I have a solution, I will post it here for future reference.

1 Like

Thanks for posting here though. I’ve got an Impact LX25+ that I use with Cubase 13 on MacOS, but I haven’t had this issue. I’m not sure which exact versions I’m using.