Cubase 13.0.40 Release Issues

just installed Cubase 13.0.40 and now when I try to perform an audio export Cubase shows a progress bar that freezes when it reached 100%. I tried letting it sit a white but Cubase is completely locked up. I also shut down Cubase and tried it again with the same result.

In addition, I tried loading another project that I finished recently. In this case, Cubase begins loading the project and then freezes. I have to kill it. I tried several times loading this project and every single time Cubase froze up.
Martin Jirsak said I should mention his name so that he would look into this.

This occurs on Windows 11. Unfortunately Cubase locked up and did not produce any DMP files. I have reinstalled Cubase 13.0.30 and will wait until these issues are resolved.

Try to mention somebody by putting the at-sign in front.
@Martin.Jirsak, please see above.

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or a similar service, please.

Use the Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your hard disk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behaviour (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 13:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase13

Nuendo 13:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo13

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exceptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or a similar service, please.

There must have been some problem when I installed Release 13.0.40. After uninstalling it and reinstalling it, Cubase now works correctly. If the problem reoccurs I will send dump files but for now it looks like everything is fine.

1 Like

13.040 Freezing with me on a few occasions No problem until this update

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please? Could you attach the crash/dmp file, please?

I am on Win 11 Pro
There is no crash dump file created.
Thanks for the reply Martin

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or a similar service, please.

Use the Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your hard disk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behaviour (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 13:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase13

Nuendo 13:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo13

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exceptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or a similar service, please.

Finally Cubase Dump Files

Cubase 13.0.10 64bit2023.11.21 18.24.28.826.dmp (1.54 MB)

Cubase 13.0.10 64bit2023.11.14 20.08.08.127.dmp (1.12 MB)

Cubase 13.0.30 64bit2024.5.28 17.13.56.354.dmp (1.9 MB)

The first two dumps are from the previous year. The last one seems to have been done by 13.0.30, not the current version 13.0.40.

I saw that after I sent Sorry.
They always get it fixed eventually
I do not like loading other programs on my DAW so I will just wait
Sorry to inconvenience you
Thanks
Skip

1 thing that is consistent is when I change buffer settings Cubase freezes 1 out of 2 times
Roland Octa capture 10 with latest drivers and after reinitialized still freezes
I contacted Roland and they said drivers should work with Cubase 13 Pro
Can you duplicate this?
Thanks again
Skip

I don’t have Cubase 13, sorry.

Thanks Johnny