Cubase 13.0.41 Upgrade Crash my projects

Today, June 13, 2024, I wake up and return to work on a track that I’ve been working on. Around 3:00 PM, I see a new update, 13.0.41. I update, and now the same file I’ve been working on since Monday causes Cubase to crash. This issue is not only affecting this project but also several other projects I’ve been working on over the past few days, which don’t have any common plugins.

Steinberg… always making our lives better.
Thank you for your improvement. Now it opens and closes quickly.

4 Likes

Same to me!

Even with 13.0.40 I was no longer able to load some older, and extremely important, projects.
I was hoping that the 13.0.41 update would help, but no.

Steinberg, what are you doing?
This is really a problem as an independent studio operator!!

What about others here? Similar experiences?
I’m using Windows 11, latest build and updated.

Will this change if I switch to Mac?

I’ll probably have to go back to 13.0.30…if I can load projects without any problems that I’ve either already created or edited with 13.0.41.

Really, very, very problematic situation here for me at the moment because of that!!!

@JcTrance, @DaFlexBeats You should post your crash .dmp/.ips files here.

I run Cubase 12. Pretty solid.

1 Like

I’m running under MacOS 13.6.7 (intel)
And 13.0.3 was too. Until the update.

I sent my crash reporter to Steinberg. I expect a fast movement to fix this bug.

A 13.0.42, for example

1 Like

Hello ! Sorry to bother. I too am on an Intel Mac running OS Ventura. I’m new to
Cubase 13 and am having cursor lag issues , jumps , and skips like crazy even with only 4 tracks running and stock plugins. Yesterday I tried a 3rd party App ( Bittersweet by Flux ) and immediately my Cubase crashes. I’m on 13.0.40 here. Wondering if I should try 13.0.3 as I keep hearing its stable ? How do you downgrade if need be ? Thanks. My graphs on CPU performance don’t seem to be running high so I don’t see why I’m having these weird issues. Unless I’m reading this ASIO Guard information wrong. I’m new here. So thanks for the patience.

I tried to downgrade to 13.0.3, but… it didn’t pay attention to me. Stay in yours. I have removed the preferences… and I am opening the project without plugins, to see which one causes the error.

Interesting. I still haven’t tried the hotfix update yet. I’m nervous to try.

Cubase 13 is constantly booting up with errors, asking to go to safe mode, delete preferences or keep preferences. I’ve attached dump files here.
CrashDumps_1.zip (3.9 MB)

I am using Cubase 12. I decided 13 is not a lucky number for me.

For me, best stable was 10.5. I have got in another computer , running MacOs 10. 13.6 with usb dongle and is quiet and efficient.
In my new old computer running Ventura….must use 13.

You must find the plugin that fail and fix it. I do it.

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear this.

Attach the *.ips/dmp file(s), please.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear this.

Attach the *.ips/dmp file(s), please.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

No problem here on my side.

Hi,

It was a very minor (but critical) hotfix for some users, containing just 2 fixes. Please, read the Release Notes.

Hi,

Most of the cases, NI Kontakt crashes. Two of the freezes are in other area. Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

here on a new win 11 PC after the update I have several crashes at startup without tracking either in events or in msinfo32 or in dmp files.
I also occasionally have problems trying to reach a network printer…

Hi,

I would recommend to install Windows from scratch. The Windows 11 update from Windows 10 can bring lots of issues, add I have learned here on the forum.

Thanks Martin. I added the Sonuscore “The Score” library just before these crashes got worse. Is it possible that a Kontakt library could cause this, or are there known issues with the latest Kontakt 7 app?