Cubase 13: Can't Find Instrument Track Outputs

This is killing me. I just want to separate my drums like I have been doing for years but suddenly this one option is MIA and there’s no new documentation for it. Where the heck are the instrument outputs? This is a screenshot from the (now outdated) Addictive Drums 2 Documentation:

I have been Googling my heart out to no avail which is usually the case because for some reason Cubase terminology never works with search engines; if you’re lucky you get a tangentially-related YouTube video. Where the heck is this option? I want to use my Kick drum as a side-chain source and as far as I know, this is the only smart way to do it.

How I use Supperior Drummer 3.

I add it as an Instrument Track, press F11 and activate the necessary outputs. Once this has been done, expanding the SD3 Instrument track reveals all activated outputs.

Not sure if AD sets up in a similar fashion.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks, that does work and I have honestly never even really used the VST Instruments panel before! A smaller version of that menu used to exist in the inspector.

The output activation menu now lives under the “Routing” category for anyone else who has this problem and discovers this post:

1 Like

@sagebrushfire

Thanks for the heads up.
Still on CB12 at mo. Does make me wonder just how much may have been moved around though.

Thank.