Cubase 13 crashing constantly

Hi,

The crash comes from Cubase and then it goes over the graphical part of macOS system. I don’t know at this moment, if the crash is in Cubase or in the system. I reported it to Steinberg. They will investigate.

Just updated to 13.0.30 from 10.5 and it hangs a lot at the Hub screen not so much in an active projects. crash dumps generated and sent.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You can send the files also here, to get some feedback.

Hi Martin thankyou will do, I see other users sending ips files could you tell me where there located on my system Im a pc user thankyou.

Hi,

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Cubase 13.0.30 64bit 2024.4.6 14.42.28.732-freezedump.dmp (533.0 KB)

Hi,

Could you please provide some info? When did the freeze happened? What did you do, what steps? Can you replicate it?

Hi,

Make sure, you have the latest MediaBay component installed, please. You can do so from the Steinberg Downoad Assistant.

The freeze coes from MediaBay. Could you please try to rename/remove the Steinberg Media Service folder from the preferences folder?

Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Steinberg Media Service
Win: %appData% \Steinberg\Steinberg Media Service

It seems to happen when accessing older projects. I noted when I tried to change a setting in groove agent it froze. It also froze when trying to add halion instrument. It freezes and then I have to force cubase to stop. This results in safe mode screen appearing on opening it after. It then states my licenses cannot be found. I did note that elicenser states I have upgraded from 11 to 12. No mention of 13. This does not correspond with the data on line. I have tried to rectify this but to no avail.
I then have to completely reboot my computer.

Hi,

Do you have the latest MediaBay component installed, please? You can double-check in the Steinberg Download Assistant.

Where exactly would one find that? I checked the Steinberg Download Assistant and was not able to find anything named “MediaBay” or “MediaBay component”.

You can find that in the About (Über in German) box of the SDA

2 Likes

My Cubase 13 crashes when i try to use FL 21 studio as a VST

Hi and welcome to the forum,

When it is reproducible with this specific VST, the crash will most probably be in the VST itself. But you can attach the *.ips file to check it out.

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Cubase 13.0.30 64bit2024.4.12 6.51.57.233.dmp (1.2 MB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.