Cubase 13 crashing while loading project

Hi,

I’m experiencing an issue with a project I created some days ago, which worked perfectly fine until I reopened it days later. Everytime the error has weird names in it, example:

For some reason the crash dumps are empty (0 kb) except the one generated during the first crash, so basically there’s no way to use the dumps:

I’m able to load the project if I deactivate third party plugins, but I’m having a hard time identifying which one is the cause, since all of them are part of my template which I’ve been using daily for years with no issues.

I was able to load the project yesterday while running Windows Debugger trying to find some useful info: I attached it to Cubase 13 while loading the project and then deattached it, and for some reason the project fully loaded, but it’s something that doesn’t work today, so it could have been just a coincidence.

I’m using Cubase 13.0.30 on Windows 10. I’m attaching the last crash dump that was generated (and which contained actual data) to this thread.

Cubase 13.0.30 64bit2024.5.28 10.23.59.201.dmp (1.7 MB)

Please advise

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

I had a look into the DMP file, but there is only one line in the call stack, which doesn’t point to anything concrete.

Hi,

Please, update to the latest Cubase 13.0.40, which was released yesterday.

Can you still reproduce the issue?

Hi Martin,

thank you for your reply. I updated to Cubase 13.0.40 yesterday, and the issue is still there. I’m attaching a new crash dump.

Cubase 13.0.40 64bit2024.5.29 16.28.02.810.dmp (2.0 MB)

What seems to have fixed the problem for me was removing all the instances of Hybrid 3 | AIR | High-definition virtual synthesizer from the project. Note that the plugin works normally when I load it in new and existing projects, but it appeared to be the cause of the loading problem on this particular project.

Hope that helps investigating the issue. Many thanks

Hi,

There is no Cubase mentioned in the DMP file at all.

Please, get in contact with the Hybrid 3 | AIR | High-definition plug-in vendor.