Cubase 13 crashing with two instance of pigments

Looking for any help regarding major issue with cubase 13 pro on my main system .
requested help from Steinberg but had no response.

Every time i open more than one instance of arturia pigments Cubase freezes.
Second plug in screen opens but remains white .
Need to close Cubase via task manager when this happens .
This is true with two nothing other than two instrument tracks , so not overloading system , which is amg 5090x n 64 gig ram

Have run cubase 12 pro since it was out with no issues, and it works fine on my laptop .
From what iv found in forums etc is that there is some issues with some gpus …
im running a nvidia quadro a4000 12gig vram

Iv tried cubase suggested work arounds but no use… so cubase 13 is un usable for me presently. …

any help or ideas appreciated

Hi,

Most probably, the crash will be on the Arturia side.

Can you attach the *.ips/dmp file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Cubase 13.0.30 64bit 2024.4.23 20.24.23.376-freezedump.dmp (2.1 MB)
Hey Martin , i have no issue with pigments on my laptop with 13pro , opened 24 instances just to prove the point to myself .
Also fine in cubase 12pro on main system …

last crash dump attached, all software and drivers up to date

thanks for any insight you might have

Probably an issue due to the Nahimic Service, the Exception Analysis indeed shows NahimicOSD.dll in the modules list. These problems usually occur with multiple GPU accelerated windows (mostly OpenGL), when moving OpenGL content from one monitor to another, etc.

Please try and disable or uninstall the service, that should get rid of the freezing/crashing :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hey Fabio , this has indeed seems to have solved this issue . I stopped the service and set it to not restart , and i have multiple instance of pigment now running in Cub 13.

Thank you , i would never have found this !

1 Like