Cubase 13 - MIDI note length quantisation not working

After updating to Cubase 13 MIDI note length quantisation seems not to work anymore plus although the grid is set, entering notes are out of the grid :frowning:

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I haven’t tried the Note Length at this moment, but inserting note works and it sits to the Grid.

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Hi,

Could you give me a step-by-step repro, please? Or even a MIDI Track before and after and provide, which settings you had?

I cannot reproduce it here. Cubase Quantize the MIDI Note Length to 1/64, if I set it up this way.

My steps:

• Add a MIDI Note to the position 2. 1. 1. 6 (to make sure, it doesn’t start at Grid).
  • Set the Note Length to 0.0.0.33 (i.e. almost 1/64).
  • Set the Quantize to 1/64.
  • Press Quantize Lengths.
    => The Note length becomes quantized to 0. 0. 0.30, as expected. The Note Start remains at 2. 1. 1. 6 and the Note End is 2. 1. 1. 36. All as expected here.

After *.wav track tempo adjustment, My MIDI tracks are acting out of control. Fixed length does not work . It sets all values to 1/64 no matter what I do. In version 12, fixed length depended on the length field setting not on quantize. They decided to consolidate all in quantize drop down. Now, it is all crazy. I paid another $100.00 for bugs. I feel like reverting to 12 pro and getting my refund for 13.

It’s unknown what you are trying to say.

That’s not actually true.

Try explaining like this: How to format a bug report