Cubase 13 shuts down - no warning

Hi
I have lately had multiple Cubase crashes where Cubase shuts down unexpectedly. Running the error logs via Chat.Gpt points memory issues. Is there anyone here who can encrypt the error any further to help me eliminate any plaugins cause the problem?

MAC M1, 32Gig, OS 14.4.1 (23E224)
UAD2 Quad, Lynx

The crash report for Cubase 13 indicates a segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) with an EXC_BAD_ACCESS exception. This type of error occurs when the software attempts to access a memory address that it does not have permission to access, or that does not exist. The crash occurred in the “VST Loader” thread, suggesting that the issue might be related to loading a Virtual Studio Technology (VST) plugin or related component.

Hi,

Attach the *.ips file, please.

The *.ips/dmp files are available here:

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Mange to upload a few more crash logs to ChatGPT, and getting a rather worrying reply, indicating it might be someting wrong with the memory on my MAC. Se transcript below

I have included a bunch of crash logs here:

The crash happened in thread 3, during the execution of CoreData related operations, implicating the decoding of result set data for a fetch request. This may point to issues with data integrity or memory handling in the CoreData or Contacts framework integration.

Given the nature of the crash and the process involved, further resolution might require support from Apple, especially if the issue persists after initial troubleshooting steps. If the problem continues, consider reaching out to Apple Support or utilizing developer forums to seek additional assistance, providing them with the crash report for more in-depth analysis.

Hi,

Please, provide the source *.ips file to be able to work with it.

Appreciate Martin.
Where do I find that?
I thought that was the files I put on the dropbox :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, these are the files. I will have a look at them tomorrow.

Very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

In the crash, there are three-times
xiph

mentioned. Once, there is
uaudio_teletronix_la-2a_tc

Reported to Steinberg.

Appreciated Martin.
Not sure what an “xiph” is?

I ran a diagnostic, and the only thing it found was that the power was not connected.
So I guess I am right to assume that my crashes are due to software somewhere.

Thanks again for your help

i found the problem. the xiph refers to a codec… the only files that could explain that was a FLAC file… i converted that to WAV and the problem was gone!

Hi,

Great finding! Did you import FLAC to Cubase or did you record to FLAC, please?

Hey Martin,

I’m having a similar Cubase 13 just shutting down without warning althought nothing has changed in my workflow. Would you mind taking a look at this ips? Thanks!

Cubase 13-2024-04-02-161411.ips (244.4 KB)

The FLAC was imported.
Strange that Cubase did not convert this to WAV on import, like with MP3.
S

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

Cubase doesn’t convert FLAC to WAV. You can work with FLAC natively in Cubase.

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Although Cubase works with Flac, removing the flac files fixed the problem