I have the latest Cubase 13 release (13.0.20) installed.
It is difficult to write a regular bug report for this as this problem manifests itself in different places of the UI.
Basically what I do to notice these problems is:
- Start working in a project
- Add audio files to the timeline, edit them, cut them
- Record some Midi, then render in place, cut and edit
- Try to use the keyboard shortcut to record midi
- Select an audio event and then go up in the properties bar to click and drag on the Volume value to increase/decrease volume
- Try searching for audio files in the sidebar browser and then use the arrow keys to cycle through the search results
What should happen under normal circumstances:
- Volume increase/decrease (and other properties) should work with a simple drag
- Recording shortcut should simply start cubase recording
- Using the arrow keys to Cycle through the search results does not cycle through the results, instread, it highlights the cubase tracks for some reason
Instead, what happens is:
- Drag does not do anything, it feels like the “focus” of this UI element has been taken away by something else, I don’t know exactly what
- The arrow keys should cycle through the search results in the sidebar and not switch through the audio/instrument lanes
Somehow, this issue has appeared only recently despite me using the newest update of C13 since a couple weeks ago. Inbetween, I
- updated all my Arturia and also some NI plugins
- Installed the Mediabay and eLicenser update
Usually, the problem goes away as soon as I restart Cubase, but then after a short while, the issue crawls back.
As of now, I am completely clueless what causes this. It would be great if someone could chime and confirm this.
I will follow up with a video as soon as it happens again.