Cubase 4.5 update for windows 7?

I searched as many different variations of my question as I could think and couldn’t find what I’m looking for…
I recently had to buy a new computer and it came with Windows 7 (64-bit version).
Before that I had been running windows vista and had recorded a few years worth of material on Cubase 4 (updated to the 4.5.2 version.)
Cubase 4 installs and runs just fine and dandy on Windows 7, but my problem is I can’t seem to find the 4.5.2 update on this website that is compatible with Windows 7…
Without that update I can’t open any of my recordings as they are done with the 4.5 version of the software…
Is there some way of dealing with this without upgrading to Cubase 5 or 6? I’d like to eventually, but not anytime soon after the cost of the computer I just had to buy…

Thanks for any possible help!

Neither C4 or C4.5.2 or even C5 for that matter is supported on W7. There have been many users that have been successful running these versions on W7. My guess is that if your C4 is running smoothly then any 4.5.2 update probably will.

It’s right where it should be - on the Cubase 4 downloads page.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_c4.html

You didn’t quote the part about running it on Windows 7 and that there isn’t a version for Windows 7 anywhere on this site that I can find…
I’ve been to the page you’ve linked, many times before. Only has versions for XP and Vista.
But I believe the poster above you (Suprawill1) is on to something regardless.

Well I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to try.

You said “compatible” not “supported” :wink: .