Cubase 4 upgrade to cubase 6

Hello, I just got my cubase 6 upgrade disk. Upgraded cubase 4 to cubase 6 no problem. Now when I try to open cubase 4 it says no license. Please dont tell me I lost my cubase 4 license, I have tons of work still on 4. Cubase 6 is on a harddrive with windows 7 64, cubase 4 is on a drive with windows xp sp3. I thought I can still use both, please help. :imp:

Go to the My Steinberg section of the website and check the Show Registered Products section. The details of all your licenses should show in there.

Thanks, tried that already. All it shows is cubase 6 and cubase 5 trial, which I have to delete. Its like it overwrote it.

Hello Cubaseman,

During the upgrade, your Cubase 4 license was overwritten with the Cubase 6 license.
But with a Cubase 6 license you can open Cubase 5, Cubase 4, Cubase SX3 and so on.
Download/install the latest version of the eLC at elicenser.net

crohde » 01 Apr 2011 07:57

Hello Cubaseman,

During the upgrade, your Cubase 4 license was overwritten with the Cubase 6 license.
But with a Cubase 6 license you can open Cubase 5, Cubase 4, Cubase SX3 and so on.
Download/install the latest version of the eLC at elicenser.net

Hi crohde,
I was planning to upgrade from Cubase 4 to Cubase 6 and still keep using Cubase 4 on a different Computer to Cubase 6.
The reason I want to do this is that I don’t want to change anything on the XP computer I am running C4 on, and I would just run C6 on a laptop for editing/mixing.
I have 2 USB e-Licensers, one holds my C4 and GA3 and the other Wavelab.
If I put my Cubase 6 upgrade license onto the e-Licenser holding my Wavelab license, will I be able to keep using both, or does it have to be the e-Licenser with the version you’re upgrading from when you’re installing/registering Cubase 6.
Thanks very much in advance.

You’re having a tech problem. I ran 64 bit C6 and 32bit c4.52 on the same machine for a good while before deciding 6 was stable enough to replace 4 all together.

Obviously you need to put the update on the e-licenser that holds the version you’re upgrading from. As said already, an upgrade overwrites your old version license, it does not give you a second (new) one…

What kind of tech problem do you think I might have?