Cubase 5.5.3 crashes when creating marker

Hi,
Since I upgraded my cubase 5 to the latest version, following the instructions, it crashes everytime I create a marker on a marker track.
I work on a Mac, osx 10.5.8, 2Ghz, 4Go.
I couldn’t find any solution in faqs, forums or go0gle.
Anyone having the same problem?
Help needed.
Cheers

Hi,

I create markers so often, I know that’s not one I can reproduce. What does the LOG file indicate the culprit is? How are you creating the marker, with the pencil or the track?

Hi,
I use the track. (same effect with the pencil)

Here’s the log (and I don’t get a thing!)
(if I can cut somewhere to shorten it, just let me know :wink:

Process: Cubase 5 [113]
Path: /Applications/Cubase 5.app/Contents/MacOS/Cubase 5
Identifier: com.steinberg.cubase
Version: 5.5.3.651 (5.5.3.651)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [80]

Interval Since Last Report: 381633 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 56
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 144859 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 16

Date/Time: 2012-04-15 09:34:27.027 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: 86EAA86E-B38E-45A0-B374-F7A725C58F2D

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Hi again,

Since it says the application is crashing, we know that it’s not something else Cubase uses such as Quicktime.

Since it says:

We know that this is a RAM/CPU issue, specifically sigbus. Next time you create a marker watch your CPU/RAM levels. I would pursue optimizing your Mac for DAW performance. Anything you can do to lighten your Mac’s load such as !!disabling network adapters!!, will help. Read this for specific instructions: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/optimizing-mac-os-x-for-daws-mac-performance-trouble-shooting/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[keyword_search]=Optimizing

thanks for the tips bane, i’ll have a look over it and let know when i find the solution