Cubase 5.5.3 Mac Quick Controls Crash

Is there anything I’m missing?

Yes, I would uninstall and reinstall using the installation disc. :wink: After what you did, do the QC’s still cause a crash?

ahh - didn’t know you could do that… I have found a few more folders with Cubase/Steinberg bits… am re-installing now

will use the disc to uninstall if this doesn’t work

still hasn’t worked…

I can’t seem to find the uninstaller on the disc?

I think it is under the install section where you install HALion and your VSTi’s separately. If you still can’t find it, I’ll take a look myself.

Thanks. Im off to bed now. Will have another crack at sorting this when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks again for your time.

Evening guys… I’m having no luck finding this uninstaller.

I’ve looked in the additional content folder and it’s not in there.

I am going to try a manual uninstall again.

just for the record, tried removing everything I could find cubase related and re-installed but still no luck. hmmm

Having no luck with the above I erased my HDD and re-installed Lion from fresh. After installing Cubase I still have the issue.

This has lead me back to my original trail of thought that it could be hardware related. Possible on the USB side of things?

I’m using a Logitech Keyboard/Mouse which has a USB dongle. The only other USB device is my Cubase dongle. I’m wondering if the keyboard could be the issue?

Does anybody know any reason for this to be true?

OK…

The final post now for a little while until I am certain this is solved. I think (hope) I have solved the problem…

If I unplug my Edirol FA101 sound card from the firewire interface and start Cubase I can play with the Quick Controls as much as I like without crashing. I can then insert the firewire lead and switch to the FA101 again without any crashing…

It seems the problem occurs if I boot into Cubase with the FA101 as my selected sound card. Just to note, I also removed the VSTBridge which may of helped.

I hope all this waffling can help someone else and save them a loooad of time. Thank you to all that have lent me theirs. Hopefully after I have tested this properly I can change this to a solved case.

:sunglasses:

Paolo