Cubase 5 AND 7.5 does not save our Waves presets :(

Nope. We buy all our software and hardware. So all plugin’s are legit.

Hmmmm we use the plugin through VST. We don’t save presets in the plugin itself. If I choose preset “dry kick” and make adjustments with the knobs and I want stop right there, I press save in Cubase and close down the project. If I reopen the project the preset is default, my adjustments are default.

Well my bro got a Mac and he got the same problems. So I doubt if it is my PC. Let alone the fact we is not capable of scratchin’ our PC. We are musicians actually, no wizzkids :frowning:

Are you using Automap (Novation)?
I’ve seen and experienced the same in Logic Pro with a wrapped Retrologue…

I don’t know Auto map, so I guess we don’t use it. Unless its a program’s running in the background or something…

Yes i suppose it’s very likely that you would know about it if you used it, in essence it sits between the plugin and host as a wrapper, and renames your plugins by adding (Automap) to the end of the name. (Seen in the instrument browser etc)

It’s a piece of controller software that helps map parameters in plugins and DAW directly to faders pots and buttons on Novation controllers. You install it and set it up to work with (in this case) Cubase, and then you select which plugins it’s going to wrap.

Are you using any similar software with any other brand of midi-controller?

Ok, no we don’t use Auto map. We only got a PC with Cubase 5 and 7 and about 12 Waves plug ins and Komplete 7. Not sure if you can upload pictures with your posts but maybe I can send some photos or a film.

OK I see it possible. I will video our problem and load it up.

Make a video and add it to YOU TUBE! I’m very sorry that you have this kind of problems but its almost to crazy to be true. We all want to see this in a video. I think we all feel your pain, it must feel like a nightmare if all the plugins forget all settings all the time during working.

You said earlier you have very little experience with tech and computers , you all are musicians only. Perhaps you know someone that can help you out with your problems with your computer and setup? You need to reinstall the complete computer from scratch! That is the only solution to fix this and add all the motherboard drivers and setup the computer right etc.

The best thing is to pay someone that are a real computer expert that also build computers all day long that can fix this once for all. He knows how to setup the system too. Please don’t do all stupid tweaks you find on the internet that are wrong. Also tell the expert that you want to flash the BIOS too etc…

If you need advice about how to setup your system ask someone that really knows, ME! :wink:
Feel free to contact me here at this forum thru internal mail if you want or need any advice. :slight_smile:

But record the video first!

Good luck!

Best Regards
Freddie

Ok. Here is my video. Btw the Waves engine is V9.2

Regards,
Steve.

What aren’t I getting?..
In that YouTube, the Waves plugin opens with five faders all up at the same level (presumably, its default setting?), then, just before you Save the project (at about 1 min 52), you have set it so that there are just two faders up. So you quit Cubase, and relaunch it etc. then eventually open the Waves plugin again (at about 3 min 15) where it opens with the two faders up… exactly like you had left them when you Saved the project. :confused:

If you want the settings to be saved as a waves pre-set you have to save from within the plug-in.
The last settings that you have on the plug-in before you last save Cubase will be the settings that the plug-in opens with when you next open that project.
This is exactly what is happening in your video….
I think as I had to turn my screen on its side to watch it.

First off you use Cubase 5 not 7.5.

Secondly all are saved the settings. Only the name that go back
to default if you don’t save the preset.
CUBASE plugins settings are exactly as you left it.

Please read the manual or get training before you wast all others time on wild goose hunt problem that don’t exist.
:frowning:

Yes, correct I made the video with Cubase 5, but I do got 7.5.

So what you guys are saying that its normal the name - in this case extra gate - goes back into default? Cubase remembers everything except the presets name?

Yeah but not the name. The faders OK, but they related to the preset aren’t they?

Yeah sorry for your neck, but not easy to film and operate Cubase at the same time. So what you say is we choose extra gate in this case, we made adjustments in this preset and therefor I have to save these settings in the plugin?

Doesn’t make sense to me as Cubase saves everything except the name of the preset, extra gate. But if that’s the case and normal, we have to live with it I guess…

Yes, I think you have to live with it. :laughing:

What doesn’t make sense to me is that you said you have been forced to write down every value, however in your own video you just proved to myself, and hopefully yourself, that when you re-open the project the exact values for each parameter show up.

So one more time…why are you writing down each value?

Believe me, the manual is your best friend. would have saved you a lot of headache and frustration. it can still solve some issues you may have, all manuals that is for plugin and cubase

i couldnt stop laughing when i saw your video though! nice one!

Cubase should not alter any presets, they are presets or starting points. Do you really want it to go back to the preset and loose any adjustments you made ? No problem here and works exactly as any other plugin on any other daw afaik. If you want to save the changed preset you do it in the plugin, you could overwrite the original or call it something different.

I am having the same problem, every time I open a project, all Waves plugins are reset to their default preset. All UAD plugins retain their settings.

Windows 7 64-bit
Using latest Cubase 7.5.30 64-bit
Waves 9r24, came out January 2015

Everything up to date, legit and licensed

Kind of frustrating actually, thought I was doing something wrong, glad I am not the only one.

I’m going to check with Waves to see if they have any insight.