cubase 5 and strange crashes / messed up timing etc.

hi

so i have a few various issues with cubase 5 on my mac. Ive only been using it for about a month and a half now on this machine…

First: after having cubase open for a while…timing gets off sometimes…when i start the song from the beginning the play bar wont start on the 1…it will be off for about 2 seconds - through the entire song…totally offset…if i restart cubase it usually goes away…but will come back.

second: Im doing my first video / audio project with this version and its crashed my mac completely 3 times since last night…never happened to crash like this or at all for that matter before i started using video…its a bizarre shaking black screen on both monitors…and disables everything to where i have to power the computer off…

**i have a mac book pro,osx 10.6…5, 2.26 GHz, 2 gigs memory, firebox soundcard, external monitor…

any help is good!
thanks
Kenneth james Gibson

Will need some more info to help you:

• using any 3rd part plugins?
  • what version of cubase 5
  • what buffer size/settings are you using on the presonus?
  • what type of video file is it and what encoding - eg. Quicktime/H.264?

hello!

• using any 3rd part plugins?
    ----i had some sound toys plugs going on…but bounced them once it started screwing up…but didnt change anything…
  • what version of cubase 5
    ----Cubase 5.01 build 147
  • what buffer size/settings are you using on the presonus?
    ----was 512
  • what type of video file is it and what encoding - eg. Quicktime/H.264?
    ----yes - Quicktime/H.264

many thanks!
k

just realized i never upgraded when i loaded the new cubase on last month! trying upgrading to 5.5