Cubase 5 can't find 4GB of wav/MIDI loops??

Hey everyone,

I have a strange problem with MediaBay in C5…I installed almost 4GB of wav and MIDI loops from a version of Sony Acid, pointed MediaBay their way, and while it scans each folder and subfolder completely (I see the little coloured folders in the correct locations on the left side of Mediabay change from red to white to blue), it doesn’t find a single loop. Even stranger, when it scans the folders for the loops, it obviously finds something, because the CPU/Disk-usage indicator on the right starts up, and it takes a few minutes to scan. However,my loops never show in the browser, it just displays the factory preset loops again. All files are either standard wav or MIDI files in a completely accessible part of my disk (Program Files on my boot HD), and I even changed the folder properties to Read-Only and back, just to see if that would help.

Of course, it was to no avail.

Anybody have a suggestion? I’m at a bit of a loss here…

I had the same problem. Found your post while looking for an answer.

Eventually found that the location was set to only VST. Expanded the file tree and checked all subfolders were checked. Changed to All Media and rescanned. This time the new loops were found.