Cubase 5 crashes when I export songs

Hello! I’m having a problem with exporting of a track, that I was hoping someone could help me with.

Everytime I try to export my project, no matter wether it is to mp3, wav or any other, the program freezes. The export gets to about 50 %, then i get an error like this “Cubase has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.”

I have tried with different sound cards, but the result is all the same. And I have no idea where to start the diagnostics.

Any ideas anyone?

Specs:

• Cubase 5, fully updated
  • Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
  • Line 6 TonePort UX 2
  • Various VSTs like Addictive Drums, Goliath and so on.

Cheers,
Arnstein

Some things to try:
Real time export.
Disable plugins to see if one is causing the problem.
Start with plugins that are bridged then third party plugins.
Increase buffer size.
HTH
J.L.

Thanks for the idea with disabling the plugins. I tried to freeze them, and then it worked! :slight_smile:
So I guess it was one of the VST instruments that did not want to cooperate.

Cheers!

I tryed all that as well and i still can’t export anything… I keeps on crashing on me even without any plug in active…

PC Intelcore I7
Cubase 5 studio
Focursrite scarlett 2i4

Thanks !

I see this is an older thread with the exception of the post obove. I’ve been a Cubase user for about 12 years through 3 versions and it has always worked perfectly. Unfortunately now I’m experiencing the same problem on 5. Also crashes if I import or randomly. I’ve reinstalled without uninstalling, with no improvement. Do I need to completely remove then reinstall? Will that effect my eLicence settings? Running on Mac Pro.

I got the same Problem with Cubase 5. Have you found a solution yet? If I find out, will let you know.

So far I came across a few people that had bad plugins… need ro check wether this is the case with mine too.