Cubase 5 - DCOM, Synsopos.exe Error

Hello all. I’m Postprodidiot from the older forum…changed my username when setting up my account here in the new forum.
I haven’t been around for awhile…mostly because things have been going very smoothly. Until this morning. I am getting the following error when I launch Cubase 5. I’ve reloaded the Syncsoft driver from their site…no change. The only changes that have been made to the system are the disabling of Internet Explorer (IE) and addition of Firefox (FF) browser. I reactivated IE but no change. Removed FF, still no change. My gut is telling me this has everything to do with the problem but I don’t know how to resolve it. Do I need to reinstall everything with FF active?

Any help much appreciated.

Peace,
Mark

Remove Dongle then shutdown the system, not re-start. Wait 20 secs. then power up. When fully booted, plug the Dongle into a different USB port and make sure it goes through Found New Hardware. The light is on in the Dongle, right?

Thanks. I tried as you outlined but no change. Of course, every time I reboot, IE becomes my default browser again. so the install new hardware routine is using it for any internet dependencies…not FF.

Peace,
Mark