Cubase 5 LE/Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 Output Problem

Hi there.

I know others have asked about this sort of issue before so I therefore did a search for any solutions in advance but I couldn’t find one.

So, here it goes. I’m running Cubase 5 LE (which I got with Zoom) with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 on W7 64bit. I’m able to record a signal okay, but I can’t get any playback. I’ve configured the ‘Device Setup’ correctly, it seems to me. The VTS Audio System is set to ‘Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver’ and all the ports are listed. Mon 1 and Mon 2 are ‘Active’. In the ‘VST Connections’ section, the outputs tab lists ‘Stereo Out’ Mon 1 (left) and Mon 2 (right). The Audio Device listed is ‘Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver’.

The Scarlet MixControl suggests that the DAW and interface are talking to each other, in that changes to the buffer length in Devices>Device Settings>Control Panel are reflected in the MixControl ‘Settings’ Panel. All the output channels in MixControl are set to ‘grey’ so they are full volume and unattenuated and I’m monitoring off Volume 1 from the main headphone outputs. I can get playback and monitoring output from the Mixcraft 5 DAW, but nothing from Cubase 5 LE.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Matthew.

Well, it just came good and I don’t know why. That’s good but still frustrating.

Nope, now it’s gone again. I have no idea what’s going on here.

Hello Matthew,

Sometimes a corrupt file in the Application Data can cause these issues.

First, please shut down Cubase. Then go to the Start menu, All Programs, Cubase LE5, Cubase LE5 Application Data Folder. In the top address bar, you should see “App Data (roaming) Steinberg” Click on Steinberg at the top. This will put you in the Steinberg app data folder. Trash any Cubase or Nuendo folder that you see here. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should clear up the problem you are having. Restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System).

If you still have the same problem, please reply create a support request in your MySteinberg account for further assistance.

Hi Joel.

Thanks for that. It’s come good again since I last posted, but I’ve noted your suggestion and will refer to it if things go pear-shaped again.

Cheers,
Matthew.