Cubase 5 - Midi record delay

Hi there,

I know this has probably been covered a thousand times but I’m a Cubase 5 user and have been having midi record issues for donkeys years now and as I’m trying to get back into recording I’ve decided to make a determined effort to get this sorted.

In the Midiport set up I’ve tried the usual combinations of checking and unchecking the system timestamp for Windows Midi and Direct music inputs and can’t really tell any difference.

Before recording I also usually click on the constrain delay compensation button in the top left hand corner which helps to a degree but I still get the delay most notably with the first few notes.

Generally have no other issues with Cubase including Playback.

I’ve been thinking of getting a new PC but I don’t want to go through all the hassle and cost to only end up back where I started. I did try the Ableton demo and had no issues there but I’ve been using Cubase for years and don’t really want to change DAW.

Does this problem still exist with later versions of Cubase? Thinking of buying Cubase 9 but then I have the issue with 32 bit plugins no longer working! :frowning:

Set up is as follows:

Windows 10
Oxygen 61 keybaord
Saffire Focusrite 2i2
Asus Laptop
4GB of RAM
Intel Core I5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz
Cubase 5
ISO4ALl drivers

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks