Ok, so this problem is pretty frustrating and it has happened before. This time I have little time so I beg you to reply quickly if you know what’s going on. Also, yes my computer is powerful enough, and no this is not something that concerns my soundcards manufacturer or a problem with the VST software I use, this is 100% Cubase.
So I just updated my soundcards drivers again and suddenly all my songs have stopped working. Let me explain, I have been working on a few tracks for a while now, all of which are mainly using Play64 software. Before I updated my soundcard’s driver, my computers processor usage was about 22% when playing the song in realtime. Now the usage goes up to 99% when I just load up the song. This is something that has happened before, and while I could just copy the notes while I’m at it and make all the sounds again, I really don’t have time. Also, last time this happened, after a few weeks Cubase would freeze if I even tried to open the songs.
Oh and that freezing is something that needs to be fixed as well, there’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to shut down Cubase from the taskmanager after it’s frozen. I’m tired of always having to restart my computer.
PS. Not 100% sure this has anything to do with updating the drivers. That is however, what I did before it stopped working.
PPS. Copying the tracks from a deactivated version of the song, and then pasting them in an empty project, causes the processor usage to carry over as well, even though the usage remains very low while copying since the project is deactivated. However, copying only the notes in the bars on the sequencer, onto the exact same tracks (created from scratch) in another project (also, created from scratch) does work. The performance returns to normal. But I don’t have time to do this to all tracks so please solve this problem.