Hi all, can anyone advise me on how to perform a correct FULL sysex data dump from my Roland JV-2080 to cubase 5. The battery on the JV is dying so I would like to transfer all the data before I change the battery. Please excuse my ignorant’s as I haven’t used the equipment for 5 years. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Regards Alan.
Hi and welcome,
What I would do is following:
- In Preferences > MIDI > MIDI Filter, make sure, SysEx is not enabled in the Record column.
- Make a new project, add a MIDI track.
- Enable record on the MIDI Track, and hit record.
- Trigger Bulk Dump on your JV-2080, and keep recording in Cubase.
- Once all data of your JV-2080 are out, stop Record in Cubase.
- Save the project.