Cubase 5 update to 11 Pro

I have a question. I have a usb key on which Cubase 5, it was bought from hands about 10 years ago without transfer to my account, I gave it to my wife (I myself have 11 Pro for a long time on another key). Will she be able to create an account and update this key to 11 Pro? Will it work? If something doesn’t work, will it be possible to get a refund for the purchase?

Have you tried to register that USB key to a Steinberg.net account? I would try that before spending any money.

Someone else might know more specifically, but my understanding is, if that USB key is registered to another user you will not be able to use any service that requires a login, such as Steinberg Zero Downtime, or transferring the licenses from that old key to a newer one, even if you find that the activation code is accepted.

1 Like

It will not be blocked if I try to register to my account, and it is already registered to another? They sold it to me about 10 years ago and I can’t find a seller and ask.

чт, 1 июл. 2021 г. в 22:25, Steve via Steinberg Forums <steinberg@discoursemail.com>:

You can simply try to register the key from the menus inside the Elicenser Control Center. If it does work, you’ll be good to go.

1 Like