Hi, I need help desperately! This issue is driving me crazy and have spent the past 7 hours trying to fix it.
I’ve been using this setup for the past 3 years with no problem until today.
Current issue: Trying to record audio / listen to audio when usb is activated in ASIO4ALL.
So currently i have this weird issue that affects me listening to or try to record when the USB codec is selected in ASIO4ALL. I can hear the track no problem when USB is disabled but as soon as i hit USB in ASIO4ALL i stop hearing any sound. In cubase i select play and the track plays but without any audio and nothing in the meter bars either. I’ve tried so many different settings but nothing helps.
Lenovo Yoga, 8gb, i7
What i’ve tried so far:
- Checked device setup in cubase all with ‘active’ state (ALL OK)
- Ensured VST connections are set up as should be for ‘inputs / outputs’ (ALL OK)
- Ensured the tracks aren’t muted or that they have the correct input (ALL OK)
- Checked for windows update to see if any updates had occured (NONE)
- Uninstalled / Installed the USB codec driver (NO DIFFERENCE)
- Tried different USB cables which are working fine, active and recognised
- Checked my equipment on another computer (All OK)
- Re-installed the correct audio driver for my computer (WORKS AS IT SHOULD)
- Ensured the windows audio 'Playback / Recording devices are set up correctly.
- Tried different projects to see if its the same issue (SAME ISSUE)
- Disabled all ‘sound effects’ in windows 10 playback.
Does anyone have any ideas!? Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
My only thinking is that the USB port is blocking incoming data?
Some setting interferring with the playback/ports?
Or somehow my cubase program has become corrupt???