Cubase 5-Vocals question

Hello guys!I use Cubase 5 and i would like to ask something that may be stupid :stuck_out_tongue: Can you record vocals and play them with your MIDI keyboard and how?Something like sample.I was trying to find some Gospel choir but none of the VST i used was realistic.(I know i can just pre-record vocals and play them this way with my band but i want to know if i can record them and play them from my MIDI keyboard).Thank you a lot in advance :slight_smile:

My friends band did this 30 years ago, they recorded the vocal part(s) into a hardware sampler/player, triggered them via a midi keyboard ā€˜liveā€™.

You should be able to do the same thing with any software based sampler/player within a DAW, and trigger that via a midi keyboard just like using any VSTi.

Ok I found a VST called Shortcircuit!Thank you a lot for your answer! :slight_smile:

Cool, Iā€™ve never heard of Shortcut, so had a lookā€¦

I couldnā€™t find any info about how long the duration of a sample or phrase can be used in it, but Iā€™d have to assume that in this day and age, that would not be an issueā€¦my friends band that had done this so many years ago in a hardware sampler, used a simple soft spoken phrase of ā€¦ā€œHeart beatā€. And some software samplers that I had tried maybe nearly a decade ago, could do phrases much longer than that.