Cubase 6.0.1 / Cubase Artist 6.0.1 pre-release available

Background colors for tracks is no longer.

Hmm… not good; this one was definitely marked in the buglist as ‘Fixed In Next Update’ (like all the others…). I’d looked only a couple of days back.

To be clear Greg, the fix was for getting things working correctly at 48Khz… either they’ve fixed and tested something with this their end, or you’ve got a ‘new’ problem…!?! Wonder if SB will comment…?

Sorry, just saying/thinking aloud.

Oops - sorry; double post… :slight_smile:

[…]

Agreed and thanks for the release. But, not for me these new fader colours…

Someone asked for it in this (6-page…!) thread:-
.rx2 files and beat alignment in MediaBay - Cubase - Steinberg Forums and, well - we got it… and unfortunately, there is not an ‘intensity’ setting that works (for me…).

Sorry, and thanks for listening/acting SB but C5 channel identification was fine (given the alternative offered). Why should this even be an ‘either/or’ situation…?

heeeeello and welcome to the beta testing department of steinberg !

I was happy to order the cubase 6 when it came out, and all I got from it was a beta version that didnt really handle 48khz so well… in fact, most things sucks at 48khz… this version 6 beta was never supposed to be released with this bigtime error, this would NEVER happen with a nuendo version !

you know… I thought steinberg said they would have an update patch for most of the bugs at end of march.
now they tell us its coming end of may, and this “pre release” is just a quick fix until may…
and yet they have the stomach to ask us to give feedback on this patch, something that they dont even support !?!?
I mean, why even bother to put this “second beta” out here in public, when they could call it a release and be done with it ?

no fun no risk !?! what the FECK is that comment about ???
is steinberg actually serious about cubase at all these days ???
it sounds like this guy is actually bragging about steinberg releasing a “pre release” as something that would rock the world…
come on, its a beta version, dont say anything else…

“cubase users are nuendo beta testers”

Hello all,

Any comments on my post ?

1. Until Steinberg implement a PROPER bugbase, where EVERY potential bug is logged and investigated, it will NEVER be professional grade software… this selecting a few issues to resolve is just amateur. Why has the bugbase on the forum still only got 25 bugs on it!!!

2. Re the transparent events. Why not just keep the 5.1 type implementation, but provide a toggle button option on the top toolbar. That way users who want the button can have it, and those that don’t don’t!!

3. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it… what was wrong with transparent events in the first place? Why was it changed.

4. How about adding an option to put user buttons on the top tool bar which we can assign to any key command. Would be a nice new feature.

5. when is 5.3 coming out?

Hi Michael,

*I have edited my post to make sure there is absolutely no sign of fun in order to come across dead-serious.

Did you notice that the 48 kHz issue is solved in 6.0.1?

Cheers,
Helge

Props to Steinberg for getting a patch out early, can’t comment on the contents as I don’t have 6.

Ok.I know this.“Color selector area” already have color distinct from default now.But why not to use с5 colors to these by default at track creation? It is simply!

Helge what you think about it?

Hi chrisyking,

We do have a proper bugbase which is not public. The bugbase in the forum is a different thing.

I have edited my post to make sure there is absolutely no sign of fun in order to come across dead-serious.

Lol :mrgreen:

Same problem here, but cannot install on XP32 sp3. Autorun crashes after loading.

AppName: autorun.exe AppVer: 6.0.1.270 ModName: autorun.exe
ModVer: 6.0.1.270 Offset: 000fae8a

Sorry to strike a positive note :wink: , but I was generally happy with the fixes and enhancements in such an early update - so thank you Steinberg.

Please just go back to event transparency the way it was implemented before. I NEED this right now while I’m editing drum tracks on a 14 song live CD. HELP!! I would go back to 5.5.2 but I also need the new feature list with all the welcome, and amazing, drum editing features. (Thanks very much for those, BTW)

Like ChrisW, I too am generally happy with the update and appreciate the quick release time-frame by Steinberg. It was clear from the original post what the pretense of the release was (not GA), and a choice whether to update or wait until May. I welcome the faster release cycle from Steinberg, and the opportunity to try pre-release versions sooner, versus waiting for a later GA release.

I’ve not applied the update yet, but reading through the version_history pdf it seems very encouraging.

I appears to me that SB have listened to the feedback on the forum and attempted to address some of the issues people had. I don’t think you can say fairer than that. Also bear in mind that this is an UNSUPPORTED hotfix so you can’t start whining if it’ doesn’t work in the way you want it to.

Many of us have asked for more frequent hotfixes so let’s applaud this generally positive step.

In this pre-release version 6.0.1 preset names still not showed in browser (in VST instruments window)

If i open same session in 5.5.2, all is ok

OSX10.6.6