Cubase 6.0.1 & Groove Agent One = CRASH

Hi,

I’m using Cubase 6.0.1 on a Mac (10.6.7) and recently starting using Groove Agent One in a project. The project now crashes Cubase on launch with an Mac OS X error report stating that the Groove Agent One plugin is the cause. When I load a previous version of the project without any instances of Groove Agent One it loads fine.

I’ve never used it before and actually seemed to find it pretty useful up until now. My project is dead in the water until this gets resolved. :imp:

Any suggestions?

(I’m never going to use it again!)

Do you have many vsti’s on that project?

It happens on PC as well. A serious error occurred… Usually has to deal with the plugin not finding the proper directory upon loading. Don’t have a solution for you though. I’ve found myself frustrated at times with that plugin. Cubase 5 and 6 both crash at will when using Groove Agent One. I really believe something when out of wack with it after C5 5.1. Just my hunch. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I don’t think it’s an issue of too many VSTis as I have projects with many more than this does and they are fine. I’m happy to hear it also crashes on Windows and in older versions of Cubase. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I was dragging samples from the arrange page into the plugin instance? I don’t know how or where it references those files from. The drag-and-drop function was the main reason I started using it as it speeds up my workflow a lot.

I was able to salvage the project by removing the Groove Agent ONE plugin from the Cubase 6 app bundle, launching the project and removing the missing instances and then re-saving and putting the Groove Agent ONE plugin back.

I’ll never try that again… too bad because the drag and drop form arrange to sampler is a huge time saver.

I’m using it without any problems on both systems…

Maybe it’s memory related…
What’s your system?
And look at Activity Monitor about your project memory usage…

Nine months and not a word from Steinberg?