Cubase 6.02 Crash when editing Audio:

Update: I was kind of hoping updating to Cubase 6.5 would fix this problem, and at first it seemed to, but now it’s back. Am I really the only person that experiences this? I lost 40 minutes worth of work last night because of it:
:confused:
Ever since I updated to Cubase 6.02, occasionally whenever I go to edit a wave, (I double click on the wave, then I get what looks like the edit screen except that it’s greyed out. It won’t let me move it, so I can’t close it (or don’t know the key command to do that? - ctrl W and ctrl q does not work). It won’t let me click on anything. Most of the time if I bring up the Task Manager is is also greyed out, so the only way I have figured out how to get out of this is to Restart my computer.

Unless someone knows better, I assume the only way I can fix this is to “Trash my Preferences”:

"First, please shut down Cubase. Then go to the Start menu, All Programs, Cubase 6, Cubase 6 Application Data Folder. In the top address bar, you should see “App Data (roaming) Steinberg” Click on Steinberg at the top. This will put you in the Steinberg app data folder. Trash all of the folders that you see in the application data folder. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should clear up the problem you are having. Restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System). "

What all should I back up, or write down as far as my settings before I do this? will this destroy my effects settings I’ve created? Will this destroy my VST Instrument settings?

Also, When I get to the part about: “App Data (roaming) Steinberg” my address bar has:
Owner > AppData > Roaming > Steinberg > Cubase 6_64 >
I assume I still click on “Steinberg” and then I delete all the folders that show up?
(Content, Cubase 6, Cubase 6_64, HALion, HALion sonic SE, HALion Sonic SE_64, HALionOne, HALionOne_64, MIDI Loops, MixConvert 2, Pattern Banks, SMTGVideoEngineHelper, Track Presets)?

I’m scared.
:open_mouth: :frowning: :cry:

Still nothing? Any clues? 1st word sounds like?

You’ll lose custom Key Commands, Device Setup config, Mediabay settings. It won’t mess with the things you listed. If you look in my sig, there’s a link that tells you what all the files in Prefs do. Cubase automatically rebuilds all the files, you just have to go through and redo the things I mentioned. Once you have it all set up the way you want it, backup all the files so if it’s required again it’ll take seconds to get back up.