Cubase 6 32-bit version not recognizing MIDI OUT port

I decided to install the 32-bit version of Cubase 6 after running into a problem with a 32-bit plugin on the 64-bit version of Cubase 6. For my soundcard I’m using the Cakewalk/Roland UA-25EX with its 64-bit ASIO driver. In the 64-bit version of Cubase 6, in the Devices > Device Setup > MIDI Port Setup, the UA-25EX is shown as an Active MIDI Out port. In the 32-bit version of Cubase 6, in the Devices > Device Setup > MIDI Port Setup, the UA-25EX is shown as an Inactive MIDI Out port. In order for me to use my MIDI keyboard in the 32-bit version, the UA-25EX OUT port has to be Active. There does not appear to be any way to make it active within Cubase.

All the other necessary MIDI IN and OUT ports for recording MIDI in both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Cubase are Visible and Active, it’s just the UA-25EX MIDI OUT port that’s not Active (it is Visible).

The 32-bit version will playback MIDI, but when I try to record MIDI from my keyboard I get no sound and no MIDI data appears in the track.

Now, here’s the kicker: I have other DAWS for which I’ve installed both the 32-bit & 64-bit versions and both versions work fine in terms of being able to record MIDI.

I haven’t yet opened a support ticket with Steinberg.