Cubase 6.5.1 VST expressions

Let me ask again, did you move your project to the right in the timeline so that the first note doesn’t occur at 1.1.1.0?

You can do this by selecting all and moving it manually, or going to the tempo track and inserting measures at the beginning, as I described above. The latter method would tend to be less error prone.

Quote :

by kbostroem » 20 Mar 2012 21:14

… just tried it with Cubase 5 (more precisely 5.5.3): it works as it should! Articulations are recognized from the very first note on.
So I guess I have to forget the money spent on Cubase updates 6 and 6.5 and return to 5 in order to use Expression maps. It’s a pity. And a shame, too.

What else ?

Insert an empty measure at the beginning.

Doesn’t work, I have no way to use trick like that, I pay software for working properly, not to use my patience to try this or that. If nothing is fixed in the near future , I know what I am going to do …A year of patience is more than enough.

VSL user quote :
Hm… just installed the most recent update Cubase 6.5.1. Now it’s even worse: Note expressions are completely ignored when the song is played. Strange enough: when I select a single note, it correctly switches to the articulation (staccato). But when playing the whole thing no expression is recognized. Unusable :exclamation:

VSL hotline quote :

Re: First articulation don’t work with VSL and Cubase 6 expression maps…

I was told by a Cubase developer that this problem should be fixed with the next Cubase update. :slight_smile: hopefully !