Cubase 6.5 and VE PRO 5 Freezing

Hi all

gonna try and keep this short.

Have just upgraded to 6.5 on win 7 PC. I have VE PRO networked on a slave PC (win 7). When i choose to save in cubase, VE PRO freezes along with mouse so i have to cold boot…not good!! Cubase cursor timer just spins and doesn’t respond so have to force close in task manager.

ive heard of cubase 6.5 having issues with its save. This has happened though on 6.5 and 6.5.1.

Any help much appreciated.

j

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can’t help you. I can just say, it works to my on Mac platform (both Master and Slave computers) on Cubase 6.5.0.

Is your VE Pro up-to-date? Do you use any firewall, antivir, etc.?

hi martin

i reinstalled VE pro on both machines. to be honest i dont think i had installed the lastest ve pro version (i think i had installed the previous one).

But since then the freezing has stopped!!! Horaaa!..but no! Alas, a new error occured where cubase just closes to the desktop without saving…right in the middle of a project!!. Ive sent the error code to steinberg to see if they can help. Ive attatched it in case anyone can shed some light.

Also since i updated Ve pro my latency got worse. have had to increase from 512 to 1024.

The joys of upgrading and having iron out the endless creases :unamused: :unamused:
Cubase 6 error crash 1.jpg

Yesterdays was released Cubase 6.5.3, officialy supported maintenance update. Try this, please. :wink: